Looking for info on vetter restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for info on vetter restoration

Hello, I am restoring a vetter vindicator 2 fairing. I am putting it on a Harley Davidson Sportster, so I apologize if I am intruding since I do not own an XS. I again apologize for reaching at straws, but I’m getting desperate trying to find someone that has restored vetter products before so I can pick their brain on how to do several things and where I might find or clever solutions to parts that may no longer be readily available. I’ve already modified the mounting bracket and the bike to house the fairing, so there’s little I can do to turn back now. If anyone is willing to help, I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help. Here’s some pics as proof of what I am trying to accomplish.

I think it's OK for you to post in this forum for other bikes.

You probably have found there is a Vetter website store that sells parts:

https://www.google.com/search?q=vett...hrome&ie=UTF-8

-Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Originally posted by Radioguylogs View Post
      I think it's OK for you to post in this forum for other bikes.

You probably have found there is a Vetter website store that sells parts:

https://www.google.com/search?q=vett...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Yes I have found the site that’s run by Carol Vetter. I’ve been in contact with her and she has stuff like the chrome stripping for the fairing and weather stripping for the bags and trunk. But I need things like the mounting hardware for the headlight bucket, the taillight lenses and backrest for the trunk, etc. I’m also looking for info on the vetter audio systems and advice on how to disassemble certain things without damaging them. Stuff like that Carol has not been able to help me with as of yet, though she keeps telling me that she’s making inquiries on my behalf, and I haven’t gotten any replies about it on the Vetter Owners forum either. I’ve been google searching like crazy and pouring through videos on YouTube with a dismal amount of success. But thanks for the reply even so. Just getting a response at all is encouraging! (Not being sarcastic)

Comment

HI meatball,,,,if you are anywhere around san diego ca. I can give you a mount and trunk, I am guessing the mount might have to be modified a bit to work on the harley, also have an extra vetter fairing you can check out and scavage parts if needed,,,,,,,the vetter audio systems are a complete unit that mounts in the fairing, I had one but it was big and heavy, speakers were also built in if I remember correctly. These can be found but are getting pretty rare, try searchtempest.com it can go all over the usa for about anything.............so if close to san diego, just holler, good luck,,,,Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Socer4m View Post
          HI meatball,,,,if you are anywhere around san diego ca. I can give you a mount and trunk, I am guessing the mount might have to be modified a bit to work on the harley, also have an extra vetter fairing you can check out and scavage parts if needed,,,,,,,the vetter audio systems are a complete unit that mounts in the fairing, I had one but it was big and heavy, speakers were also built in if I remember correctly. These can be found but are getting pretty rare, try searchtempest.com it can go all over the usa for about anything.............so if close to san diego, just holler, good luck,,,,Mike
          Hey there. Thanks for the reply! I have a trunk in pretty good condition. All I need for it are the lenses for the lights and the pad for the back rest. As for mounting the fairing I already have that sorted out. I just need to figure out how to remove the chrome stripping so I can paint the fairing and replace the chrome stripping. I live in the Tampa Bay Area in fl, but I might be willing to pay shipping for the trunk of it has the parts I need… unless you’re willing to send just the parts, lol. Shipping on lenses, screws, and a back pad would be a lot less! Thanks again for the reply!

Comment

Howdy Meatball,,,,I am in Pa. till mid june, bike and parts are in san diego,,,,,,,so if you can hold out till then, I can scavenge whatever parts you need, I do have the pad and lights for the trunk, the chrome strips are usually available at big auto parts stores if you are talking about the chrome strip around the edges,,,usually pretty cheap for a roll in different widths, cars use them for door edges and stuff,,,,,let me know and when I get back, I can get the stuff together as its just extra stuff I am not using,,,,,,,Mike in Sun Diego

Comment

Working...
            X