XS650 Chopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS650 Chopper

I'm helping a family sell off some stuff to help pay for medical bills and basically to thin out the collection as their dad ages past the time he can use this stuff. There were several motorcycles, now down to a few. One of the last ones is this XS650 chopper. It looks amazing and horrible at the same time. I really want to get it running and ride it for a few miles, then never have anything to do with it again. Anyone ever had something like this? It just looks like trouble, poor handling and awful reliability.

I can see the need to take it for a bit of a ride. You just don't see anything like that out in the wild.
    1979 XS1100 Special
    1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
    1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
    1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

Well I went over to help my friends who have this bike this morning. I got a Suzuki Intruder 1400 running, a KTM 300EXC and a lawn mower. Since I was doing so well, I decided to push the chopper out to the light of day.

I put some air in the tires and then looked at the wiring. It wasn't pretty, but I figured out the ground and the positive leads and hooked up a battery that I had laying around. I splashed some fuel in the tank and proceeded to kick. Took about 10-20 kicks and the old beast roared to life. The folks I'm helping are talking about giving this to me. I might go for it....would be fun to clean up a bit and maybe make a bit more ridable. It's downright dangerous as it is now.

Last edited by tntmo; 08-11-2021, 04:02 PM.

Comment

That's pretty cool. I would take it if I were you, price sounds right.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

I'm not a chopper guy but that still looks pretty cool......For ALL things XS650... http://www.xs650.com/
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
          X