xsr900 My new ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xsr900 My new ride

So I've abandoned my XS1100's - with 4 kids all less than 14yrs old I just don't have time to work on my bikes and ride them. So I bought something newer - a 2016 XSR 900. Its awesome! I've done a light 'scrambler' makeover on it.
    Last edited by psycoreefer; 06-10-2021, 11:49 AM.
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

I like it, retro but not underpowered. The version that was out for 1 year with black and yellow scheme is my favorite.the rear seat cowl makes a big difference on appearance. I also really dig the root beer retro Kaw and hondas CB1100ex 6 speeds. Can't blame you for wanting to gas and go
    1979 XS1100 Special
    1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
    1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
    1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

Agree with you that the anniversary edition xsr looks really nice, there are also limited edition 'abarth' and 'black' models outside the USA that are very good looking.

I tried the cb1100 and found it to be 'too' reto for the asking price. To ride one is nearly the same experience as riding a well maintained xs11.

The Kaw z900rs I didn't get to ride, but it was outside my budget anyways.
      1979 xs1100 Special -
      Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
      My Bike:
      [link is broken]

Comment

Like hot rod cars, I like them all. You have a great ride there with plenty of power, comfortable, reliable and will provide many years of service with minimal maintenance. Enjoy!
        1979 XS1100 Special
        1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
        1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
        1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

Psycoreefer, good looking bike! 104 hp whoops the XS and almost 60 ft/lbs in a bike 200lbs less... Well, those bikes are incredible performers based on what I've heard.

Long time since we met at the 2011 Durango Rally. I picked up the ball and ran with it in 2014 and have been doing a rally in Colorado since. Take a look at the Southwest rally section, welcome to join us in Kremmling Colorado July 15-19 on that sweet little ride.

I remember that "7/8ths" scale XS1100 you made for your wife. Well, at least it was lowered and sure looked 7/8ths scale! Hope you are well.
          Last edited by Bonz; 06-12-2021, 05:50 PM.
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
            Psycoreefer, good looking bike! 104 hp whoops the XS and almost 60 ft/lbs in a bike 200lbs less... Well, those bikes are incredible performers based on what I've heard.

Long time since we met at the 2011 Durango Rally. I picked up the ball and ran with it in 2014 and have been doing a rally in Colorado since. Take a look at the Southwest rally section, welcome to join us in Kremmling Colorado July 15-19 on that sweet little ride.

I remember that "7/8ths" scale XS1100 you made for your wife. Well, at least it was lowered and sure looked 7/8ths scale! Hope you are well.
            I'd love to come out and ride with you guys again, Durango was awesome back in 2011. Unfortunately I've already organized a group ride with a bunch of guys from the XSR/MT/FZ forum for the 17th of July. Maybe next year.
            1979 xs1100 Special -

My Bike:
            [link is broken]

Comment

Originally posted by psycoreefer View Post

I'd love to come out and ride with you guys again, Durango was awesome back in 2011. Unfortunately I've already organized a group ride with a bunch of guys from the XSR/MT/FZ forum for the 17th of July. Maybe next year.
              Nice, how many guys you expecting for your ride? Always fun to get guys together for a ride whether it's a day group ride or a rally. Ride on and ride safe!
              Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

I've got 5 solid yeses and about 6 more maybes. Not bad for our first get together in this region. We are going to do a 3-4 hour ride followed by a late lunch together. Yet to be seen if this group is as good as the xs11 family.
                1979 xs1100 Special -

My Bike:
                [link is broken]

Comment

Always great to be putting together opportunities for fellowship around motorcycles.
                  Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Working...
                  X