goldwing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goldwing question

does anyone know when they started makeing the aspencade?

i'm looking at a goldwing that has 1100 aspencade tags all over it.
    they tell me it was built in 78-81, but i'm haveing a hard time finding listings for an aspencade built in those years.
    XS1100Special

The Aspencade started with the 1100 and I'm pretty sure the 1979 was still a 1000. It's been a long time... but the Aspencade was a limited offshoot of the Interstate. I don't imagine thare are many of them around.

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Dunno... a friend got a GL 1100 something. He would appretiate microfiches or something, if anyone has anything in electronic form, please pm me.

LP
      If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
      (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

gw

i have an 83 interstate. i believe when honda went to the 1100 they offered the wing in standard, interstate or the mack daddy aspencade. they dropped the standard after 82,83. i rode my interstate 300 miles round trip last sunday to louisville in the 40 degree rain and it ran like a champ. i was dry as a bone. my friend on his new venture had to stop and put on his frog togs his lower pants were soaked. gotta love that grandaddy fairing.

shanty house customs rule
        dc

Comment

Thanks for the input with some reserch i have determined the year of the bike is an 82.

Now....does anyone know of a goldwing restoration website, or some microfich.....by any chance
          XS1100Special

Comment

wing

check out the forum at www.gwrra.org

you have to join the club to post but reading is free and you can search and find almost any answer you need. just got to the classic wing section. i've got a lot of good ideas for my 83 there.

dc
            there no house like the shanty house

Comment

Gold Wing Groups

I belong to the yahoo Gold Wing group. One must be a member to post, but like others, reading doesn't require membership.
              Their web address is: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/GoldWing
              I've received some very useful answers for questions that I've asked. 'Seems to be a pretty helpful group of riders/owners there.
              Ride Safe,
              Greg C.
              '80 XS1100-G "Christine"
              '87 GL1200-I "The Queen"
              '93 KLX650-C1 "The Back Road Beast"

Comment

Working...
              X