A 1st for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 1st for me

A co-worker is buying her 1st bike. She has chosen A Harley Sporster. She isn't going to ride it until she completes the MSF course but she wants the bike NOW.
    I'll be going to the dealer with her and she wants me to tell her if the bike is not right for her (I'm trying to be reasonable).
    If she buys it she wants me to ride it to her house. This will be my 1st time riding a Harley.
    Should I get a tattoo first? Since my hair is short should I get a pony-tail wig or shave my head? I do have a leather jacket and chaps and black Tshirt.
    Or should I show-up with my Joe Rocket Phoenix gear (blue) wearing my XS11 hat? Sounds good to me.
    (now where'd I leave my kidney belt??)
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Pat;
    You NEED your Joe Rocket gear and XS11 hat!! At least, the dealer may know you can ride a REAL motorcycle!!
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Don't forget to act like any other bike is a POS. If you are driving it from the dealers, then bring it back after a couple of minutes, and tell them it must be misfiring, because it sure is shakin' alot. And then complain about getting passed by a Honda Helix.

Comment

No No No...

You gotta get a do-rag! They'll know when you take off the helmet that your ar a real rider, not a poser. Show up in the chaps with some leather fringe hanging off your hand grips. That'l impress 'em.

(Only a Joke, son....)
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Get the tatoo and shave yer head, wear the chaps and sandles. Don't forget that when the light turns green, Ya gotta nail it so you can prove somthing to all the people that were starin at you at the light.
          S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
          1-big XS patch
          1-small XS/XJ patch
          1-XS/XJ owners pin.
          1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
          2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
          1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
          1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

I have yet to head to the HD place.
            On the way home from work I rounded a corner as the light was turning red for me. In the left lane of cross-traffic was 2 Harleys. Their light turned green and they rattled everyones windows as they took-off after me. I played with them for a couple of blocks, letting them catch-up then pulling away. As we came to a school zone I slowed-down and they continued on past me, grinning like they won a race. Now they can tell their buddies they out-ran a Jap bike.
            I do like the idea of complaining that the bke isn't running right. After they futz with it for a while I'll comment "well it dosen't run like my 25 year-old Yamaha"
            Pat Kelly
            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
            1968 F100 (Valentine)

Comment

Pat, I'd find another place to work. Co-workers who are, um, well, not right... Never know what's next.
              Marty in NW PA
              Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
              Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
              This IS my happy face.

Comment

Well, it's a hospital with 2,700 employees. 97% are female. 70% are very good looking.
                This is one of the better (hot, hot, hot) ones that's wanting the bike.
                As it is, she said she'd call when she was heading to the dealer (4:30ish). At 6:00 she called asking why I didn't show. Now SWMOB is meeting with her Sat. (wife works there too) to help her.
                Guess I won't have to ride a Harley after all.
                Pat Kelly
                <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                1968 F100 (Valentine)

Comment

What's the address of that hospital???

Well, all the doctors and lawyers that ride harleys up here, when the dealership has the free hotdogs on Saturday, they just don't shave that morning, and put on a pair of jeans that hadn't been washed in two days. So... I guess that that's the "tough guy" look that you should try to emulate.
                  More of the women that I see... start out on a Ninja 250 to learn.
                  (Of course, I've done about 4 insurance crash estimates this year for them, but it's a relatively cheap bike to learn on.)
                  "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Actually a Sportster is a very nice around town bike. Very torqy and pretty good handling. Not worth the asking price in my opinion but not a bad bike anyway. They remind me a lot of the British bikes I used to ride.

Geezer
                    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Tell the dealer, "IT'S NOT LOUD ENOUGH! It needs open drag pipes bolted on with no rejet so it'll backfire and pop and need to constantly be cleaned out while waiting for the light to change like a real man's bike." Oh I forgot, Harley riders consider a Sportster a GIRL'S bike anyway.
                      Shiny side up,
                      650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                      XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

The last Harley shop I worked at had a code name for this. If the work order for a new Harley had "check mufflers" written on it, that meant to take a long steel rod we had (that had been ground to a long tapered punch) and pound it through the center baffels. No harley rider wanted a quiet bike...

On the other hand that's why nearly new Harley mufflers are so cheap. I have a pair of stock sportster mufflers on the Mongrel and they're great.

Geezer
                        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Well, she wants one all black (she really likes the look of my MNS). She wants louder exhaust and the ignition 'chip' that goes with it. SHe also showed me the artwork she wants painted on the tank....... WOW! It's in the style of the WWII noseart, a nude, and it looks just like her.
                          Pat Kelly
                          <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                          1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                          1968 F100 (Valentine)

Comment

hormones

Ok Pat lets not git our whore moans in a bunch now....
                            1982 XJ 1100
                            going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
                            now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Tell her to take a MSF course while the bike is getting painted.
                              Jerry Fields
                              '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                              '06 Concours
                              My Galleries Page.
                              My Blog Page.
                              "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
                              X