Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for XS650 Owners!

Hey folks,

Was perusing my new MikesXS catalog, and this nice shiny chrome handlebar clamp top caught my eye! So...I was wondering if someone who owns a 650 could measure the distance from each handlebar clamp to see what the hole to hole distance is?

On my special, it's about 99 mm wide, and 33mm across the handlebar clamping section! I know the 650 uses 7/8" bars, so I would think it would work if the clamp to clamp spacing is the same!?
    Thanks in advance!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Mine looks to be 3 7/8" hope that helps thats from center to center of hole
    Dennis 79' XS1100F 80'XS650Special Lets Git-R-Done And Cruise

Comment

TC, i measured my xs11 and my xs650 they apper to be the same!
      Dennis 79' XS1100F 80'XS650Special Lets Git-R-Done And Cruise

Comment

Thanks all,
        After I posted this, 650Mike posted that he had used the chrome cover on his SF, so that and the 3-7/8's " size means that it will fit!! Another "Bling" item for the XS11!!!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Hey TC...This actually belongs in another thread but I can't find it. I've measured the petcock dimensions on my XS650 and XS1100 and no, sad to say, the Mikes XS manual replacement petcock won't fit an XS11 at least my SF.
          Shiny side up,
          650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
          XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

gas tap swapping

Hi xs650mike,
            your XS11 is a Special? Those taps are not the vacuum operated ones because the Special uses that quaint octopus thingy instead. Betcha non-vacuum XS650 taps would fit though.
            Vacuum taps will swap between XS650 Special & XS1100 Standard because I done it while finding that while a Standard tank will fit on my XS11SG it won't let the existing aftermarket seat latch down at the front. Well, the taps physically fit in the tank, I seem to remember that the hose connections may point in different directions.
            Fred Hill, S'toon.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
            X