SUZUKI V strom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUZUKI V strom

I have read alot of good things about the Suzuki V strom. I am consittering buying one. They offer it in a 650 and a 1000cc model. I am looking for opinions or comments that anyone may have,Good or Bad. Let me know! Thanks Dan.
    Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

I believe Nashville Bill has one and really enjoys it. You might try PM'ing him or doing a quick search.
    Don
    99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

I love mine. I bought the 1000 because it is only 40 heavier than the 650 and has almost twice the power, plus twin exhausts, hand guards and other nice parts. I bought it in January and have over 8000 miles so far. The real reason I was interested in it was the seating position. It's really comfy and it goes like stink with a big power band. It has a sixth gear that is a true overdrive and will cruise at ninety at low rpms and easily takes 85 mph corners that scared me at 65 on my XS11. I ride 300 or so miles almost every Sunday with my buddies plus other riding during the week and I'm almost 58 years old with aches and pains in the back, hands, etc. so comfort is big on my list.

On the other hand it's not much of an off road bike. It weighs 458 pounds dry and is a little more than I want to take jumps with. And, if you want maximum go fast -- buy a crotch rocket.
      Bill Murrin
      Nashville, TN
      1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
      1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
      2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
      2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
      1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
      2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

how does this differ from the SV?
        Travis Miller
        1978 E

Comment

The SV has a crotch rocket type frame. The DL (V-Strom) has a taller frame and a very comfortable, upright, seating position with some room between the seat and the foot pegs so your knees aren't bent tightly. The enging on the DL is detuned a bit so it has more torque that the SV and the front wheel is a 19" instead of a 17". It is supposed to be a dual purpose bike but I use mine more like a sport turing bike. I'm old and can't take the sport bike riding position very long but I can ride the V-Strom all day.

Go down to your local Suzuki dealer and take a test ride if you are interested.
          Bill Murrin
          Nashville, TN
          1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
          1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
          2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
          2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
          1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
          2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

VSTROM

heya bill

how is the vstrom riding 2 up. is there decent passenger room.

Comment

Working...
            X