CT-70 Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CT-70 Revisited

Close but no cigar! A Honda ATC-110 motor will not fit into a Honda CT-70 frame. It was worth a try-would have been an interesting machine with more power and the high/low tranmission. It is probably doable with a "little" re-engineering. I am hoping some Marvel Mystery oil will loosen up little 72cc motor. If anyone has any usable CT-70 parts please let me know. I need the left side engine case, carb, intake manifold, and all or the front part of the exhaust pipe to at least make the bike complete.

Thanks for any help.
    Big Pat

Hi,
    I just restored a 72' CT70, but I kept the original engine. However, I found a site that has a good array of parts, and cheapest on the web.
    The thing you may be interested in is that there are 85cc and 88cc kits available. Those were made for the Europen market where 49cc is the limit before licence, and the oversized cylinders are still stamped 49cc to make the cops happy...
    Here: http://store.yahoo.com/dratv/index.html
    Good luck!
    Carpe Diem!
    1980 XS850G
    1973 CT70

Comment

Thanks for the Info.

Thank you for the web-site information. I recently purchased an '80 11 Special parts bike so I am working on that in my "spare" time. I hope to get the CT-70 up and running someday.

Big Pat

Comment

Working...
      X