Honda CBX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda CBX

Yesterday I came upon an old friend whom I hadn't seen for several years. I asked him if he still had his CBX. Interesting enough, he's wanting to sell it. He is the original owner. It is a 1980 Honda CBX, Kerker six into two exhaust, 14000 original miles. Garage kept. May need minor brake work, carb work. He hasn't rode it for a while but claims he starts it periodically. Asking price - - - $3000 U.S. I'll be looking at it soon.
    Question: Does anybody know about parts availability and/or owner's support group? Would I be a fool to pass this up? Any remodeling tips for "the dog house" that I may soon find myself in? LOL
    Hey, Danny M. and others; I'm hoping to hear from you soon.
    Greg C.
    1980 XS1100-G
    1979 XL250-S

just from browsing on the net, I have noticed that CBX parts are more difficult to come by. They also carry a hefty price tag. However, I am sure that there is someone out there that might have new old stock stuff for the big 6 at reasonable prices. It just might take some searching. Hope you can get the bike. Would be cool to own.
    1978 Yamaha XS1100 Standard

Comment

Hmmm . . . . I'm here, but don't know that I can help much . . . I have never even seen a CBX.

I would expect parts to be tough, Honda supports their stuff pretty well . . . gaskets and such are always available, but they pull the damndest parts (like master cylinders) from production pretty early on.

I would expect that exhaust would be very difficult to get it you needed one . . . that is a good acid test for availibility of parts . . . did anyone make an aftermarket?

The $3000 price tag for an '80 would have to be for a pristine machine (or a collectors item). Double that and you can pick up a nice late 90's Valkyrie. Brand new ones are only about $12K.

Good luck, and follow your soul.

And send pics!
      CUAgain,
      Daniel Meyer
      Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
      Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

F**k valkyrie... it's the CBX dude..

Dunno bout parts, but a friend of mine has a 1979 model... gawd it sounds great... not to mention the looks. If u get stuck, send me an email and I'll try to check it out.

Alltho for that kinda $$$, I'd go for a MG LM... but u know me...

LP
        If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
        (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
        X