Harley demo rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley demo rides

I went to the local Harley shop yesterday and rode a couple of Harleys to see what all the hype is about with owning a "new " Harley. I test rode an Ultra Glide and it was like riding a couch. Had all the bells and whistles a person could ever want on a long distance rider. SWMBO rode with so the demo rides were two up. She thought it rode great but I didn't like the heal/toe shifter. Seemed like it lacked low end grunt. Vibrated pretty good when stopped but sorta smoothed out when goin down the road. A little pricey. In the $23,000.00 range.
    I've always liked the Dyna Low Rider and probably always will. They didn't have any Low Riders for demo. The closest thing they had was the Dyna Custom so I rode that. It surprised me on the low end grunt and the six speed trans was nice. No windshield and no tach. The center controls made me feel like I was all scrunched up and my legs started to cramp. I did like the bike but would have to change alot of stuff on it to make it to my likeing. After rideing these, We took MIYAMI on the same route as the demo and compared it to the Harley we rode. No comparison. That old 26 year old $500.00 ugly bike rode better then the new harleys.
    S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
    1-big XS patch
    1-small XS/XJ patch
    1-XS/XJ owners pin.
    1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
    2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
    1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
    1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

A few weeks ago I went to see what all the hardley fuss was about. They had demo rides and stuff.... but... no coffee. OK, so we have no coffee, only juice/beer combo and I had a bit of a hangover and some hardleys. Hmmm... which one to ride... ended up grabbing a friend and we headed to the local bar for a decent morning cup of coffee... me on my XS and he on his Intruder. So much bout a hardley demo ride. Didn't miss a thing.

LP
    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
    X