Maxim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxim?

I have a friend who has a Maxim, but doesn't know the year or size. Anyone know of a site that would list years and models based on the vin number, or if anyone would know the vin starts out JYA22R00X . . .

Thanks
    Bryan

Hi Bryan,
    the year of Manufacture is on the VIN plate
    on the left side of the steering head. 650 and 750 have the same bottom end so very difficult to tell apart.
    Maxim Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

VIN

Hi Bryan,

My son has an 82 XJ650J Maxim, and the Haynes manual for the Yamaha XJ650 and 750 fours does not list any vins that start with a letters.
      Walt
      80 XS11s - "Landshark"
      79 XS11s
      03 Valkyrie
      80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
      78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
      81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

Comment

Thanks
        As I have done more searching I have found the year to be an 83, but still don't know the model.

Bryan

Comment

Re: Maxim?

Originally posted by brazz
          I have a friend who has a Maxim, but doesn't know the year or size. Anyone know of a site that would list years and models based on the vin number, or if anyone would know the vin starts out JYA22R00X . . .
          It is a 1983 XJ750K Maxim (if the last 6 digits are less than 100,000) or a 1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (if the last 6 digits are over 100,101).

Comment

I was able to find the model and year by calling Yamaha Customer service and they had all the info. I can't remember the number but I linked to it from their website.

Bryan

Comment

Hey Bryan a great site for Xj bikes is http://www.xjowners.com/ Simular to this site but for xj bikes
              1983 XJ750 Midnight Maxim

Comment

Working...
              X