No announcement yet.

Stumped by a cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be putting the battery on a trickle charge tonight while working out some other issues. I bought the battery new but never charged it ( think I would know better ) The main light switch has a few issues on the innards that need addressed. also a few hashings at the bulk head connectors at ythe stearing head. I'll buy a case of beer tonight and that's how long I'll work on it tonight. Witch ever comes first. Bike done or too drunk to care.
    S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
    1-big XS patch
    1-small XS/XJ patch
    1-XS/XJ owners pin.
    1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
    2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
    1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
    1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

O.K.there kiddies. Here comes the rest of the story. I got this thing firing like it's supposed to. The manual helps a little. Not much though being as this bike is a combination af a few different years. On the right side of the battery box is a voltage regulator, The cap to this regulator is removable. There is a voltage adjustment screw with a locknut. when I pulled it apart and checked it, It was at 2500 rpms and charging aprox 20 volts. I turned this adjustment screw out and the voltage droped to 15. Book says 14.5-15 volts. Talk about sevear overcharge. The system didn't know what to do. On top of that, There was a direct short in the headlamp switch. I've had to many beers tonight to go farther into repairing the switch. That can waite till daylight... Bad thing... The no one cycl has got blow by.. A little much... I think it will continue to foul out the plug until it has been rebuilt.
      I wish this bike was mine. If it was I would not have the time crunch and limited budget. I hate feeling like I did a job half assed
      S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
      1-big XS patch
      1-small XS/XJ patch
      1-XS/XJ owners pin.
      1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
      2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
      1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
      1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

5 ohms?

Thank you, Randy. I stand corrected.

"I'm not a mechanic but I play one on TV..." (and at work, too)
        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Working...
        X