• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kawasaki Cruiser

This is one big motorcycle...

Ben
    1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
    1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
    1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
    1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
    1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
    1982 XS650
    1980 XS1100g
    1979 XS1100sf
    1978 XS1100e donor

Yep.
    I have been reading about this bike for a while now. Still undecided if I like the looks or not. Impresive stats thou and its winning the hearts of themagazine editors.
    Im not a big fan of v-twins but this is one of the better ones it seems.
    Still better looking bike than alot out there now.

I'll keep my Valk for now.

Ride Safe
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

I went and tried one on. It is a huge hippo of an elephant. The kickstand is in the wrong place. ( I'm 6 ft and it was a stretch ) It leans when on the kickstand and is one HEAVY bike to upright for a ride. I didn't ride it but I really didn't want to. It is a baheimeth of a bike. Wonder just how big the manufacturers are willing to go? ( Jesse James' cummins diesel trike,, on two wheals )
      S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
      1-big XS patch
      1-small XS/XJ patch
      1-XS/XJ owners pin.
      1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
      2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
      1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
      1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Ok, but not that great

We've sold a few, and I've ridden a few. No big deal as far as I'm concerned. Only prob is with checking the oil. Too many people rev the engine before shutting it down to check the oil. (This pumps oil up into the head which takes a while to drain back down) They check the oil, think it's low, and put in more. Crankcase vent then pushes it into the airbox. Have had three people do this so far. Also a warranty recall on the compression release valve solenoid. Sticks, and makes loud click. New ones are on the way.

If you want a REAL bike, do a search on the Triumph Rocket 3. (We sell those, too) That's the monster to get. 2300cc. More torque at idle than a harley 883 at full blast. Idles at 500 rpm, and at 65mph is at 1,000 rpm. If I remember correctly, the starter is from a Land Rover. Weight is all down low... handles like a bird for weighing over 800 lbs, or is it 900?

I'm blessed that I have to test ride everything before we sell it. Five miles home... lunch... five miles back. Really need to keep an eye on the speedo. as if you're not careful, you won't realize how fast you're going. Went to pass a truck on the highway. Went from 65 to 104 in the length of a semi. Keep your hands on the grips if you whomp on it, it pulls 1.2 G's or so and will throw your hand back. Very impressive bike.

(Current recall on the final drives. Have replaced 4, and the tachs fried at first, but they fixed that. )
        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Re: Ok, but not that great

Originally posted by prometheus578
          I'm blessed that I have to test ride everything before we sell it.
          You Dog.... What a crappy job...j/k
          They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

Working...
          X