XS400 Carburetor HELP needed asap!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS400 Carburetor HELP needed asap!!

Hi guys, I bought a new to me set of carbs for my 77 that were off of an 80. Well the guy I bought them from really screwed them up. He not only took the diaphragm tops off and didn’t know how to put them back on so he pinched the damn diaphragm he also broke one of the jets off, well broke the damn slot you put the crew driver in. How can I get this broken jet out? Do you think an easy out would work? Anyone know what other bikes would use this carb? Last but not least I am installing pod filters and already have aftermarket strait through mufflers but have no idea what jet size to buy! Im almost to the point of buying another set of carbs. If anyone has a set of a SOHC XS400 please let me know! Thanks again, Matt

Be sure to scope out the Tech Tips section on the left of the page. Under carbs there are many answers to the questions you seek...

Plus the guys here are willing to help if you get in a bind!
    Don
    99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

An easy-out will probably work, but it will destroy the jet. Another way is to use a fine diamond burr in a Dremel tool to recut the slot. That will let you get in again with a straight screwdriver modified so it exactly fits the new slot. With a bit of luck, you'll be able to get the jet out and cleaned, and be able to reuse it.
      Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
      X