The only bike Id buy new...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only bike Id buy new...

Of all the bikes on the market right now, this is prolly the only two I would seriously consider buying new.

2005 K1200LT

I would also consider the Wing but It just seems too much to me. I have ridden the 1500 Wing but not the newer ones.

I hope to demo ride the BMW someday.

Anyone out there ride this bike or perhaps even own one?

Ride safe.
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Beemer makes nice stuff. Ran into a few of those on the road in the mountains of New Mexico. The owners were all happy.

In that type-range . . . the ST-1300's really nice, and quite a bit less $$$.

I've ridden an 1800 wing . . . they handle amazingly well. A warning . . . if you find yourself playing around with someone else that's moving on out down the highway, don't just blithely follow him into the corners. In the right hands the 'wing will out-brake, out-accelerate, out-turn, and out-distance (range) . . . probably everything else out there in the touring or sport touring class. Expensive though.

Not sure what I'll be after if I ever manage to wear out the Valk . . . I'd get another (in a heartbeat!), but they don' wanna make 'em anymore.
    CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

They make em...

http://powersports.honda.com/motorcy...delId=NRX18DA4

I just don't like the back end.
      The best looking cruiser for my taste.... Moto Guzzi California III.
      Something in the 1990 range. Carburated one, not injected. And without windscreen.
      Gonna drool now.
      I'd buy a new MG LM1. There's gotta be one around. 1976 with 0 miles on it. That's new, right?

LP
      If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
      (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Hey Strom,
        That link isn't to a real Valkryie, thats the Honda Valkryie "RuIned"!

Comment

The "real" Valkyrie:

Last year of production 2003. We have high hopes they will bring 'er back with the fuel injected 1800 in it . . .
          CUAgain,
          Daniel Meyer
          Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
          Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

AMEN brother!

Here's my REAL Valk.

I agree that if Honda would put THIS bike back into production I'd be at the bank beggin' for the cash.

Ride Safe.

Comment

honda

i'm sure the same executive with their head up their but was responsible for both the demise of the valk and the 750 nighthawk. unfortunately in their defense most folks in this country have v-twin-itis. the big three are givin the majority of the payin public what they want. 1-off harley replicas. as far as bringing back the old valk i wish they would but who knows i would offer even odds over in ohio at honda central deep in a secret room is a 2liter opposed 8 waiting to debut in the wing. lets just wait it out and wish for that in the valk.

Comment

I "modernized" my fleet last fall with an 86 Kaw Concours. This is an easily overlooked ST bike that has been out there for 20 years now. This bike has more bang for the buck in the sport touring category than anything else. Aside from being a great bike, it has a group of enthusiasts very similar to this one. Excellent tech support and ideas for improvement or maint. at http://www.concours.org/
                If you are not familiar with this bike, it is a 997 cc water cooled six speed that comes with fairing and bags. I plan to ride the s**t out of this bike. It's similar to the XS in that it is a great performer, reliable and inexpensive. We dont need no stinkin BMW's.
                Miles to Go, Fuel to Burn

Comment

Rider magazine had a great 20th aniversary of the Concours a few months ago. I have always liked that bike too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne
                    Rider magazine had a great 20th aniversary of the Concours a few months ago. I have always liked that bike too.

If I was going to buy new I think a concours it would be. I wsa looking for one last year when I stumbled across my Venture. I had SWMBO with me and she fell in love with the room on the Venture so I bought it. Glad I did but if something really bad happened to my XS then I might revisit the Connie idea.
                    Russ Neal
                    Milton, NH
                    04 GL1800 ABS
                    04 Kawasaki Concours(Sold)
                    99 Royal Star Venture(Sold)
                    80 XS1000 Special(Sold)
                    83 XJ750 Midnight Maxim(Sold)
                    80 XS1100G(Sold)
                    81 XS 650 Special(Sold)

Comment

Working...
                    X