Loading a bike into a van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading a bike into a van

Well my car is dead. So I am looking for a new vehicle. I wanted a truck, but I need storage space for my business. So a mini-van it is. I never thought at 25 I would be driving a minivan, but thats besides the point.

I want a van which I am able to load my bike in the back. I saw a commercial on canadian television recently, forget the brand, but the van even had tie down locations to secure the bike.

Just wondering if anyone knows some new vans that will fit a bike in the back. As it is a little cold for me to drive my bike to the dealers to see if she fits.

Everett

van

check out the new dodge sprinter van. its also sold as the freightliner sprinter. it has the mercedes 5 cylinder diesel. it comes with the high top and would be perfect for haulin a cycle.

dodge sprinter van

Comment

Look at the Chev Astro/GMC Safari I had a 99 RWD and it was a nice driving van Will tow over 5000 lbs has a 42 floor to ceiling height according to their website. More I think than a true Mini Van GM calls this a Mid Size. I think the drive train in these are much more substantial the the front drive mini vans which are basically just big boxy cars and use the same drive train as there mid size cars. We only got rid of ours because the kids were nearly grown and SWMBO got it in here head that we needed an SUV. I really liked it and there's a lot of times I still wish we had it.
      Russ Neal
      Milton, NH
      04 GL1800 ABS
      04 Kawasaki Concours(Sold)
      99 Royal Star Venture(Sold)
      80 XS1000 Special(Sold)
      83 XJ750 Midnight Maxim(Sold)
      80 XS1100G(Sold)
      81 XS 650 Special(Sold)

Comment

astro

i would tend to agree ,the astro is a very decent van,i've hauled dirt bikes in mine before,not sure bout a big bike though.
        1982 XJ 1100
        going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
        now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

As much as I don't like Chrysler products, I'd have to say the Sprinter is a nice van. I've talked with one or two owners, and they really like them. High rear doors, and the diesel gets has good fuel economy and a long life. If you need it for work, just get a magnetic sign and stick it on weekday's, use it to haul the bike or what ever on the weekends.
          Just my $0.02
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Sprinter

The Sprinter is built by Mercedes and is shipped to the USA where it is rebadged either as a Freightliner or a Dodge. They are actually rebadged at my office location here in Jacksonville as well as Baltimore and LA.
            Walt
            80 XS11s - "Landshark"
            79 XS11s
            03 Valkyrie
            80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
            78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
            81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

Comment

Working...
            X