Clear All

• Japanese Versions I Hope to See In the USA

Got this from the Venturer website forum:

http://www.yamaha-motor.jp/mc/
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

That is about the only bike made in the past 10 years that actually made me think about getting a new one. I like the blend of modern and retro.,

Comment

I Love Nekkids!!

There was a story about the XJR in 'Cycle World' a few years ago when it was first introduced in Japan. The story went on to say that it was not going to be sold here. Why, I don't know...The story did say that it was 'speed limited' to 120-125, or some ungodly slow speed. Ya' know, I have to 'put up with' (SWMBO will kill me) an (That Damned) FJ1100 next to my XS, but I was willing to share space with the XJR when I first saw it. The engine is basically the same as the FJ11, and it is a very good looking piece. The retro look of the front of the bike, plus it's 'nekkidness' helps me to tolerate the hornet's tail of a set and rear fender. I would definetly own a nekkid one if given the chance.

Comment

Yep... got my eye on one of those too.
        FJR is a nice sport tourer, shaft drive and all. I like it. Didn't ride one yet. Kawasaki ZZR 1200 is also an option. Gobs of torque, even at lower RPM. Not quite so much a tourer as the XJR and not so much sportier as it's not a tourer.
        I got a few friends with XJR-s. Nice bikes. Liked it even before I got the eleven. Burns up too much juice tho. Bout the same as eleven.
        Another friend has a Kawasaki ZRX1200 (not the S or R model... the naked one.. black offcourse). Very nice. Did a nice wheelie in a middle of a turn on a test ride. On a brand new one. Not doing that again LOL. The back end kinda resebles the old Z. Don't much like the shape of the fuel tank, but other than that....
        The Suzuki Bandit is a bit smallish. Even the 1200.
        Honda X11.... I like. Didn't ride one yet.
        V-Max... with some modifications... sure. Like a bigger gas tank, reinforced frame etc...
        Now a Moto Guzzi Centauro... with that small fairing.... yummie. A bit of tuning... and... a dark green one.

LP
        If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
        (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Hi everybody,

Is somebody here ride a FJR ?
          XS 1.1 '83 German model
          XS 1100 '81
          XS 750 77 Work in progress.
          XS 500 76 Restored
          XS 250 77
          XS 360 to be restored...
          TX 750 '73
          GTS 1000
          FJR 1300 (daily use)

Comment

xjr

the xjr has been in australia for about 7 years firstly as a xjr1200 and then a s a xjr1300.they are a bit restricted in the std form but a mate has changed the carb boots for fj1200 ones and a little head work a new 4 into1 and carb kit.dyno tested and tuned 125 bhp on the rear wheel.he loves it.the mods cost him 3000.00 aus $.he said it was worth every cent.a modern xs1100 that goes very fast,stops very well and can keep up with R1s and gsx1000s on the twisties.it got me thinking.

Comment

We've had em for years

FJR 1300 has been here for at least two years that I know of. The XJR is a slow seller down under, Honda has a CB 1300 naked with injection, Suzuki sells a 1400 injected naked fro $12,990, and even those horrible green things (Kawasaki) have an injected 1200. Local dealer still has a 2001 demo model XJR with new rear tyre and several thousand $ off price, no one wants old technology (carbs) when they can get touch the button and go injection models.

Comment

"...no one wants old technology (carbs) when they can get touch the button and go injection models."

No sense of adventure!

We can get the FJR in the USA, but not that neat two-tone paint job.
                Marty in NW PA
                This IS my happy face.

Comment

XJR's

Yep been in Brit-land too for many years... probably the same as Oz.

Earlier ones than the pic posted above have tank badges that look remarkably familiar...what do you reckon?

Could be a good source should anyone out there need replacements for the old XS11.

Check out the UK Owners site... some interesting bikes

Was daydreaming only yesterday about a chain drive conversion - by transplanting an XJR engine / swinging arm / back wheel and front wheel into the XS1.1 sport. Be rude not to

XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
                  Guzzi 850
                  Z1000

Comment

No sense of adventure !
                    With an FJR you forget the word "adventure" Just add some gas from time to time, turn the key, that's it !

Mine (late 2001) is now 47 000 M.
                    Except tyres, oil & air filters and brake pads replacement, I just changed... ... a full set of plugs

This 2 tones paint job is the only 2005 new feature...
                    In fact, this light grey was discontinued in 2003 and come back now with added blue parts.

Is FJR popular in US ? The police probably don't like it with 142 Hp and 165 Mph max speed !
                    XS 1.1 '83 German model
                    XS 1100 '81
                    XS 500 76 Restored
                    XS 250 77
                    XS 360 to be restored...
                    TX 750 '73
                    GTS 1000
                    FJR 1300 (daily use)

Comment

fz1

do you guys get the yamaha fz1
                      http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/motor...?modelcatid=12
                      r1 motor in sports/tourer 140bhp

Comment

FZ1

You guys have a BLACK one!! Cool!
                        That XJR is everywhere but here...

What is the world about???

Try this
                        http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products...amaha_fz1.aspx

My next purchase will likely be an FZ1. Sally likes the liquid silver one.
                        Marty in NW PA
                        This IS my happy face.

Comment

Here, XJR are mainly Black.
                          But best seller is the R1 (black or red)
                          XS 1.1 '83 German model
                          XS 1100 '81
                          XS 500 76 Restored
                          XS 250 77
                          XS 360 to be restored...
                          TX 750 '73
                          GTS 1000
                          FJR 1300 (daily use)

Comment

I would love to mount an R1. If i ever buy a sportbike, that would prolly be the one.

I know a few ppl that tried to buy a FJR1300 only to give up after waiting and waiting and waiting for delivery.

Wisely, Tinman gave up and bought a Valkyrie.
                            [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                            [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                            The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

I had no idea

That XJR is one Baaaddd Motorscooter. I surely did not know Yamaha made such an animal! It looks to be the perfect blend of XS-11 type whip-ass coupled with modern day tech??

Man...............

Dang it.......I think I want one. What would the shipping be from Australia? Does anyone know if they sale these in Mexico? Woudl anyone care to offer a low-interest loan...Thanks alot guys
                              They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

Working...
                              X