Black and Decker fix for VMax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black and Decker fix for VMax

I received an e-mail last night from a fellow who owns an '85 VMax that is starting to slip in 2nd gear like the XS11 is prone to do. Does anybody know for sure that the transmission gears on a VMax would be similar to the XS11, and that the B&D fix would be similar? Thanks.
    Ken Talbot

venture

Ken i know the venture has the same trouble, and can be fixed via the black and decker fix, soooo i guess the vmax should be the same. Granted thats just a guess. i found that info on the venture site. That said .........it is a lot more work to remove the venture motor! ..........MITCH
    Doug Mitchell
    82 XJ1100 sold
    2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
    2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
    1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
    47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Yes the older Ventures 83-85 had that problem. I "think" but am not positive that the repair can be done without taking out the motor. I could be wrong about that.

Yamah fixed the problem in the middle of 1985 model year on the Venture and the VMax was introduced in 85 so maybe with that in mind the VMax should not be prone to that happening.
      Don Hughes
      Ex-1978 E
      Ex-1985 Yamaha Venture Royale
      1991 Yamaha Venture Royale
      1990 Honda Goldwing
      Edmonton

Comment

I forgot to mention Ken that the VMax site has alot of information. There are also other VMax sites with info as well.
        Don Hughes
        Ex-1978 E
        Ex-1985 Yamaha Venture Royale
        1991 Yamaha Venture Royale
        1990 Honda Goldwing
        Edmonton

Comment

Working...
        X