Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other Kawasaki Mojave 250 Owners on this forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other Kawasaki Mojave 250 Owners on this forum?

I was just wondering if anyone else on this list owned a kawasaki mojave 250 ATV. I bought 1991 KSF250A about a month ago. Not bad for a $400.00 250cc 4 Valve DOHC Sport Quad. It will ride awesome wheelies. The top end rattles like no tomorrow even after a valve adjustment. It runs really strong in the high RPM range, and is nimble in the woods. It will probably end up with a small twin cyclinder street bike engine installed in the chassis. It is kick start only, and that is a drag sometimes.

Any suggestion on what kind of donor streetbike I should use for the new quad engine?
    Bill Woods
    1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
    1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
    2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Well, I've got a 2001 Kawasaki Lakota 300. A close cousin to the Mojave. They share quite a bit of chassis stuff as well as the plastics. I actually used quite a few Mojave parts when I rebuilt my Lakota. I bought it as a burned-to-the-ground junker and rebuilt it back to like new with some upgrades. I also happen to have an old Yamaha Timberwolf that I got as a rolling chassis and rebuilt it with a Suzuki GS550 4-cylinder, and swapped out the shaft-drive rear suspension for the rear suspension and drive from a Yamaha Blaster. Swapped the stock mechanical rear caliper for the rear brakes from a Kaw crotch rocket. I call it "Quadzilla". It's probably gonna wind up on eBay tho. I don't really need three quads...... (I also have a 2002 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4.)
    John
    82 XJ1100J
    "eXJunk"

Comment

Hey Macnut xj,
      Y alakota's are very similar to the mojave. Check out my GS425cc Mojave Twin Cylinder Project. Let me know what you think.
      Bill Woods
      1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
      1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
      2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

Working...
      X