Any RUPP owners out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any RUPP owners out there?

I just got myself a new project, a 1971 Rupp Roadster, Pictures or WIP .

I was just wondering if anyone else on the forum owns a Rupp. Or owned a Rupp. Anyone else on the list have a minibike parked next to their XS11? A good friend gave it to me and I just had to fix it up. Will be a nice bike to take camping and such.

Let me know what you think.
    Bill Woods
    1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
    1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
    2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

ha ha

you call that a MINI bike i say thats as bike as an XS compared to this
    [IMG][/IMG]
    i used to have a couple of harley bikes about the size of yours didn't know rupp made minis.Cool
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Now That is a mini-bike. Can you jump it and ride wheelie's on it? The Rupp Roadster 2 has 12 x 3.00 inch wheel. Nice size wheels for a mini-bike.

If you want to see some awesome Rupp's - vist RuppBikes
      Nice site, the webmaster Paul has given me some info on my Rupp Project.
      Last edited by Bill__Woods; 08-29-2004, 06:07 PM.
      Bill Woods
      1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
      1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
      2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

Rupp also made one hell of a snowmobile back in the 70's.

Comment

rupp

i second that snowmo thing. they did make one heck of a machine.the ole 440 or even the 340 was way bad in it's day
          1982 XJ 1100
          going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
          now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Hey Bill!

I got a Rupp snowmobile suit! It has the Rupp logo on the left breast pocket. I bought it at a second hand store a couple of years ago. I wear it when riding The Dark Horse in cold weather.

Ride safe!

Bob
            Bob Udy

Comment

The real $#it hot sled was the Rupp 440 Nitro. I remember when they were new. Nothing could touch them. Haven't ridden on a sled since 75.

Comment

Ah yeah....The 440 Nitro, our neighbor had one, that was back when 60 was really gettin' it on a snomo. Oneday some other friends came out with a Scorpion whip...whipped the Rupp. Sorry to change the subject, just had to chime in with some cool memories!
                They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

Wait a second....wasn't there something called "Brut" or "Brute" A guy came to pick up my sis on one. I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever laid my 10 year old eyes on. My Dad was not so amused though
                  They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

WHOA!! What's this?

or this?

They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

Snow Machines

I can remember having a hot Yamaha sled back in the later 70's. Don't remember the model number but it was a 440 with "Free Air". In other words there was no fan to cool the engine. The HP that would have been used to cool the engine was available to drive the sled. It went like stink. Just so long as you were in a situation where you could keep your speed up no problem. It had huge carbs and expansion chambers and just sang.
                      BUT! get off of the trail into deep snow and lower speed and it took out pistons as fast as you could put them in. When I was finally up to .040 o/s and could not buy larger pistons it got sold.
                      I can remember many times on almost bare icy roads hitting the power up around 75 mph and having the sled fish tail under me. Just kept the power on and let it skate away. Great feeling.
                      Ken/Sooke
                      78E Ratbyk
                      82 FT500"lilRaT"

Comment

Working...
                      X