V4s Rock.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V4s Rock.....

1984 Honda VF1000F... Coming soon to a theatre near me...

Last edited by madmax-im; 07-27-2020, 06:06 PM.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Nice find Ben! That is one clean scoot. Better keep that one away from Mike, he has a soft spot for V4 Hondas! I really like the the 14 Aprilia Tuono V4 R. Usually I am not a fan of the newer "naked" bikes. Yamaha's 1st and 2nd generation VMAX is no slouch either.

Comment

Thanks Curtis...No worries...I have a thing for Honda V4s myself...1984..1 year only..then redesigned as the VF1000R..(much uglier fully clad in body work..and much less friendly ergos) I like how you can see the stout V4. This is no V65 cruiser...Not yet in the stable..working on that... EDIT...16k orig miles but with many upgraded components...I have to go up to NJ to get it...
      Last edited by madmax-im; 07-27-2020, 07:23 PM.
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Yup!

Originally posted by 2manybikes View Post
        ...Better keep that one away from Mike, he has a soft spot for V4 Hondas! ...
        More than you suspect. Another V65 sneaked into the stable last week unannounced. That makes three if you count the frame donor.

I have been sport bike curious, so that sweet looking Interceptor could wake up a new urge....better keep an eye on it Ben! Nice find. It's beautiful.
        -Mike
        _________
        '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
        '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
        '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
        '79 XS750SF 17k miles
        '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
        '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
        '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Originally posted by Radioguylogs View Post
          More than you suspect. Another V65 sneaked into the stable last week unannounced. That makes three if you count the frame donor.

I have been sport bike curious, so that sweet looking Interceptor could wake up a new urge....better keep an eye on it Ben! Nice find. It's beautiful.

Thanks Mike...My ST1100 is my 3rd..and Now with the VF1000F that will make 4 Hondas i have owned..but not all at once of course..
          I know the seller in NJ..Have ridden with him and admired this machine for many yrs.... It has been repainted and powdercoated all black parts...New decal set..IDK where he found that but I'm glad he did... He has another he is keeping for now.....
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Nice Ben. Hope you get it.
            Seated position ok?
            80 SG
            81 SH in parts
            99 ST1100
            91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
              Nice Ben. Hope you get it.
              Seated position ok?
              Thanks Dean..The ergos are more UJM std. upright riding...but I haven't sat on it yet..I would imagine the seat would not bad be but i am old and cranky when it comes to being coddled in comfort..But it isnt an LD machine..so hopefully it is tolerable.....I should be having so much fun riding it that i wouldn't even notice the seat....
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Mike- Which one did you grab? I get tempted every now & then, but I compare it to eveeything else I own, and they're no match.
                1979 XS1100F
                2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Radioguylogs View Post

Well I'm glad i got this one before anyone else...I'm sure you can find something much more local to you...Logistics with shipping from too far arent the best way to get a bike..So keep your eyes open...they're out there...
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                    Mike- Which one did you grab? I get tempted every now & then, but I compare it to eveeything else I own, and they're no match.
                    1985 Magna (sorry, not a Saber ).
                    -Mike
                    _________
                    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Lol. They're a cool bike, none the less.
                      1979 XS1100F
                      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Well darn it...

Well folks due to circumstances beyond my control..I cannot continue to persue this fine machine...My priorities have changed thus these bikes are still available...Gosh it was fun being a virrtual owner and taking the virtual ride...but unforttunatley its out of my hands...These bikes are available..yes there are 2 of them..Very rare to find one but two from the same person...If anyone is truly interested in them PM me and i will give you the information to the ad. Which will contain all the details i amomitting on purpose...
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                        X