New to me BMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me BMW

A couple of weeks ago I purchased my third BMW motorcycle. Its a 86 K100 rt.I got it for 500 because it has been sitting in a barn for several years and does not run.
    Being fuel injected everything in the tank was shot. I had to replace the fuel pump, Fuel pump isolator, Sending unit, and the lines and filter. I did jump it before I bought it and it does run for a second with starter fluid so at least the ignition system is OK.
    [IMG]file:///C:/86%20K%20bike/20200713_132106.jpg[/IMG]Im still waiting on the pump and battery but I should be ready in a couple of weeks.
    If I can get this site to take my pictures I can show you what I got.
    81 XS11

This site does not load pics..but a 3rd party picture hosting site does..Copy pic links and paste in reply boxes here...
    I use this one...
    https://postimages.org/
    Last edited by madmax-im; 07-23-2020, 04:54 PM.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Thanks Madmax for the tip
      81 XS11

Comment

Nice barn find..those K bikes are very good rides..I have always admired the mid to late '90s K1100LTs'...
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

This is my first K bike. I have a 78 R100rs that I have converted into a RT with a different fairing and bars but I am considering making it back into a RS.
          I like the quality of the brand but parts are hard to find and stupidly expensive.
          81 XS11

Comment

OK today I finally got it signed over to me and its legal and on the road.
            I ended up having to get a new battery, a new fuel pump, a new fuel filter, new sending unit for the tank. and I had to replace the fuel pump connector because it was bad. I just ordered some cool round 4 pin connectors from amazon. they are claimed to be waterproof.
            Now the bike starts as it should and runs great. I cleaned and rebuilt the rear master cylinder and caliper and also flushed the brake fluid in the front.
            The front brakes work great and the back ones not so much because the rear rotor is shot but I have a new one on the way.
            All total so far I have about 1200 dollars in this bike so I am well pleased.
            81 XS11

Comment

Working...
            X