Headlight conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight conversion?

I own an 1982 Seca xj550, I would like to replace the headlight with a similar looking glass, but with a replaceable, and brighter bulb. I believe it is the same headlight assembly as the xs11

I have been checking out my local autoshops for a 7" round headlight that is not sealed beam, but no luck yet.

Anyone have any ideas. Last time my light blew I had to wait almost 2 weeks to get a replacement in from my local dealer, that is along time of no night riding.

A few years ago I bought a universal 7 inch round headlight for motorcycles, with a removable and replaceable H4 BULB. It cost me $20.00, but I do not remember the manufacturer.
    Bill Woods
    1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
    1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
    2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

Check Ebay for XS850 and 750 headlights, 7" not sealed... Also your local boneyard.
      Carpe Diem!
      1980 XS850G
      1973 CT70

Comment

I found some harley lights at a local yard they are 7" but they guy won't let me "try them on". Any idea if harley lights are mounted any different that the universal 7"

Comment

lights

My local auto zone had halogens on shelf. Xj's also use the h-4 set up for lights, I'm currently running a blue bulb in mine.Gives off a very white light,almost approaches hid system.
          1982 XJ 1100
          going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
          now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

I found that 7" plastic headlight at Jc whitney, only thing is, it came as a pair for a car (gave the spare to a friend). I put in one of those bright super white bulbs that give it the appearance of HID lights. The headlight itself is awesome Crystal clear no ribs on the front. Gives it a real modern look.
            Adrian

Comment

These are a bit spendy, but use an H4 bulb. Made by Kuryakyn. Different styles range from $60 to $100.
              1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
              1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
              1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
              2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
              2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Comment

The seller to find on eBay is wwwspeedmotoco. He has them in his store for about $55, and it comes with an H4 bulb. The only drawback is that they don't come with the cool eyelid shown on dragxs11's bike. It's a 7" "universal" style housing that is listed as fitting the entire XS series.

Comment

The ones I bought were front JC Whitney and look exactly like Dragster's...
                  Adrian

Comment

envy

Dam yet another good looking bike!Good job Drags. I cant recall rats bike,but I KNOW MINE SHOULD BE CALLED RATTT BIKE INSTEAD...lol
                    1982 XJ 1100
                    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
                    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

I bought a H-4 headlamp conversion kit from JCW and installed it in my Windjammer SS. It's awesome!

JCW Headlamp conversion
                      '79 XS11F Standard

Comment

Working...
                      X