Morgan Carbtune in NC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morgan Carbtune in NC?

My FJR1300 needs throttle body sync. I replaced the plugs and attempted a sync using the DIY differential bottles that I used on my XJ650. No joy. The imbalance is great enough that the bottles are useless.

So, I ordered a Morgan Carbtune but it will probably take a week+ to get to me.

Nothing is ever easy.
    82 XJ1100 - sold
    96 Honda Magna 750 - Girlfriend's bike
    2000 ZRX1100 - sold
    2003 FJR1300 - Silver rocket

Have one and Morgan Carb tunes are easy to read and use. Just be sure to have restrictors in hose ends that attach to the CarbTune, not other way around. Makes a difference of readings. Other than that, not sure how they'd work on your Feejer. Myself, just used them on my Venturer.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Keep that bike tuned up Brant...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I have a set of the old round gauges, the Morgan Carbtune, and the Tecmate Carbmate. Carbmate for the win!
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
          Keep that bike tuned up Brant...
          lol...seems to stay that way, inside under the bike cover Ben. Haven't been on a scoot for nearly 2yrs. now since the accident.......but attending rallies in the cage here in Colo., wife and I DO emjoy. Just getting the opportunity to visit with an XS11 herd, and on occasion meeting new folks makes it worthwhile! Least that way, I can still give a few here a hard time.
          Last edited by motoman; 05-21-2017, 11:23 AM.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

You keep that bike tuned and covered, Brant, just cage it to the rallies.

I do not want to stop by your place this summer to visit and find out Anita put you in several flowerbeds for thinking about riding it!
            -- Scott
            _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
            1979 XS1100F: parts
            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Fortunately, have no flowerbeds.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                Fortunately, have no flowerbeds.
                Yet.

(Muh wah ha ha ha ha!)
                -- Scott
                _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                1979 XS1100F: parts
                2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Thats fine Brant..well aware you havent ridden ib 2 yrs..
                  We're on track for returning to the desert southwest
                  sometime later this year. Keep on taking care of yourself and hopefully our paths will cross soon...
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Thanks Ben, will do......and who knows, maybe cross paths north to south or south to north. Salt River Canyon north fromTuscon makes for a WAY good ride...lots and lots of twisties climbing up through Salt River Canyon to I-40!

Comment

Received the Carbtune and performed the sync. Cylinder #3 is supposed to be the master. #3 was at 270mm and #1 could not be adjusted any more than 240mm. After much head scratching, I concluded that the master had to be adjusted down notwithstanding the service manual prohibition against adjusting #3.

All 4 cylinders were adjust to 240mm and that was the end of that.

Glad I have the Carbtune that allows setting balance as well as knowing how many mm of Hg the vacuum draw is.
                      82 XJ1100 - sold
                      96 Honda Magna 750 - Girlfriend's bike
                      2000 ZRX1100 - sold
                      2003 FJR1300 - Silver rocket

Comment

Glad to hear the carbtune worked ..sometimes even the insteuctions are clear as mud...
                        Brant...been thru SRC many times but never on a motorcycle...
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Was thru SRC myself a yr. ago......but never on a scoot for me either.

Comment

Working...
                          X