Need some models simlilar in style to 11's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some models simlilar in style to 11's

Im looking for an affordable 79-86ish muscle cruiser, all I know about are xs11 specials (owned 2 79 specials) and honda v65 Magna's. Cant find any in my price range right now, what other bikes are similar in style to these and are at least 1100cc? Got the itch to get another bike.. no crotch rockets for me, I like bare cruisers with sissy bars for the girls.

Kawasaki had there Spectre series. I had a 1100 Spectre before my XS. They also had there LTD line. Suzuki had there GL (?) lineup. The there's Yamaha, V-twin Virago lineup. Hondas Magnas were a player for a while also. In my opinion, they don't compare well to the XS in its ability to do a lot of things really well. And I don't think any of the other marques have a forum as well balanced and helpful as this one.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

What is your price range?
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Suzuki gs1100 Honda cb1000 custom I just saw a nice black one for sale. Kawasaki kz1000. They are all about the same standard Japanese motorcycle. But I think the xs1100 would be my pick.
        79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
        80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
        80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
        79 DT 100

Comment

Kawasaki introduced the Concours in '86. 4-cylinder, liquid cooled, shaft drive, 4 individual carbs. In production until 2006 with a few changes so quite a few parts and pieces available. Not a rocket but is same motor (detuned) as the ZX (?) series and can be built to rumble. Was the closest I could find to the XJ back in 2009 when I bought a 2006 Connie. Is a full touring package though some owners have removed the fairing and bags. Not quite what you are looking for but thought I would throw it in the mix as an option.
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Yes, if you want to "hot rod" a C10 Connie there are cams from the ZX1000 and carb kits. There are also "torque" cams from a member on the COG (Concours Owners Group). I like the idea of torque cams, looking at Dyno charts on his website they hold a 5-7ft/lb advantage on stock cams at least to 7000 RPM. Which also means they have more horsepower until at least then as well.

The C10 is a "thinking man's" bike for sure, IMO.
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
              Yes, if you want to "hot rod" a C10 Connie there are cams from the ZX1000 and carb kits. There are also "torque" cams from a member on the COG (Concours Owners Group). I like the idea of torque cams, looking at Dyno charts on his website they hold a 5-7ft/lb advantage on stock cams at least to 7000 RPM. Which also means they have more horsepower until at least then as well.

The C10 is a "thinking man's" bike for sure, IMO.
              Jerry's C10 Conny did just fine following him to the Caly Rally on my St1100 in 2010. Him pulling a trailer did just fine at 80mph on the Interstate. The Cony having the six-spd. put those ratios closer together, giving that bike an advantage having the smaller displacement engine. His bikes mileage was impressive too, considering pulling the trailer.
              Last edited by motoman; 05-05-2017, 03:53 PM.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Totally agree! Great bike in the C10.
                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

The z1000st and z1100st are very similar to the xs in torque and handling. At the moment still very cheap compared to others Z's but that is changing. Lots of them are being converted into MK2's as these are rare and expensive..
                  XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
                  MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
                  Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
                  Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
                  Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
                  Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.

Comment

Working...
                  X