Ninja 600 engine frankenbike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninja 600 engine frankenbike

So I have a good running engine from a 2000 Kawasaki Ninja 600. I'm wanting to build a one off custom around it. Going for a cafe racer look. Does anyone know of a frame I could fit this into? I'm trying to stay as far away from the original bike as possible. I was thinking maybe a chain driven Maxim for this. Can anyone give me the deminsions of say a Maxim 650 or 750 engine? I can do some minor modifications if need be.
    80 SG

A lot of work.

You might want to rethink trying to use a Maxim frame, They are shaft drive bikes, I know because I have two of them, You might be better off using a Seca frame , they were chain drive bikes , If you are determined to try a maxim frame I would be more than willing to send you dimensions if you tell me what dimensions you need to know .
    78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

I appreciate your clarification. The swingarm from the seca should fit the maxim correct? Mainly waht I need are the measurements from the bottom of the upper frame rail, where the tank sits to the top of the lower rail. Also the distance from the swingarm pivot to the front rail. The width between the two rails along the bottom would be helpful as well. As long as it will fit inside the frame I can fabricate engine mounts.
      80 SG

Comment

Working...
      X