$25 mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $25 mini

I picked up a little peewee bike for my daughter, it's a little 50cc critter. It's so cute according to her.... Any way the compression is rather low and I can't find any tags on it to get the year. Anyone know what I might be missing? Don't want to put $ in it if I can't get parts. Any help is good help, thanks guys
    79 XS11 F

Who manufactured it ?

Hey there , A pic or manufacturers name would help , If it is a Yamaha PW 50, they are all the same or you might try googling the vin number to find out who made it ...Good luck !
    78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Yamaha

It's a Yamaha, having a hell of a time finding parts or a spec sheet. It's only got about 50-60lbs of compression and that seems a bit low but for kids if it runs and goes mabe its fine. My daughter is 4 and only weighs like 30lbs so I'm not looking to hop it up any.
      79 XS11 F

Comment

Yamaha shop

I just googled pw 50 parts and found many options ,Also bike bandit has piston and ring sets , I would bet your local Yamaha shop could get the parts you need too ...btw 60 lbs compression is way low ...
        78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Originally posted by rdmcguy View Post
          I just googled pw 50 parts and found many options ,Also bike bandit has piston and ring sets , I would bet your local Yamaha shop could get the parts you need too ...btw 60 lbs compression is way low ...
          It's just about perfect for a 4-year-old, any more and daddy will have to poke some more holes in the head gasket so it can't outrun daddy or mommy.
          -- Scott
          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

A throttle stop

I bought my Daughter one of these to learn on , when new they have a throttle stop (on throttle grip)and also a restrictor in exhaust port, wouldn't run for s##t here at altitude though , I just ran along beside her , you might be able to get an emergency type kill switch( like drag racers use )so she doesn't get away from you ....Good luck and enjoy !!

Comment

Working...
            X