74 MX360 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 74 MX360 questions

I'm looking for a carb repair kit, as well as a fuel petcock. No surprise my search thus far has been fruitless. I did find one maybe, and emailed them earlier tonight. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Originally posted by 2manybikes View Post
    I'm looking for a carb repair kit, as well as a fuel petcock. No surprise my search thus far has been fruitless. I did find one maybe, and emailed them earlier tonight. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Personnally, not of any help, but is that a Kiehn, Mikuni or what kind of carb?
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Hi, Jack -

You may find a fuel petcock to your liking HERE ...

As for the carb ...

I'm pretty sure your MX360 came from the factory with either a 34mm or 36mm Mikuni ... is that correct?

An "all-in-one" kit for that carb may be hard to find. You may have to source the parts individually.

You might try contacting Lakes Vintage Cycle ...

They carry lots of parts for Yamaha enduros from the 70's, and even some parts that will fit the MX. Who knows, they just may have what you need.

If not, they can possibly steer you in the right direction ... ???
      Last edited by Prisoner6; 05-05-2016, 06:55 AM.
      Marco

Current bikes:
      1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
      1979 Honda CBX
      2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
      WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

There's not many parts in those old Mikunis to replace. Bowl gasket, needle and seat. Jets usually don't wear out. Needle seat sometimes can be saved by polishing with Q-tip and polishing compound. I used valve grinding compound to clean mine up. Once had a garage full of DT's, AT's CT's. As long as they idled good and ran good on the mains, I didn't worry much about midrange. Ah, the days of youth gone by
        When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Mx

Thanks for the replies.

webbcraft2150 Not even an option I had considered. Thanks for your idea. And a very good one I may add.

Prisoner6 You saved me about $25! I spend way too much time on ebay and looked before I posted. Grrrrr!

motoman I didn't even look! Guess I better check!

Comment

74 mx 360

The carbs are Mikunis. I tend to get so focused on what I am doing, I sometimes forget to check the easy things!

Comment

The carbs are Mikunis. I tend to get so focused on what I am doing, I sometimes forget to check the easy things!
              Ahh...yes,, the middle part of my earlier yrs. moto--x racing......remember that 360cc bike well......wasn't my choice, as I raced a Suzy RM250 in the 250 expert class That particular Yammy was in the Open Class.

Although later yrs. after raising a family and such, made a come-back go at it on a YZ250 winning the RMXA series in Colo. in the 50+class in '02.
              Last edited by motoman; 05-08-2016, 10:09 PM.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
              X