I bought a Sportster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a Sportster

2012 1200 Nightster. Only took around the block so far. Going riding this weekend. But at first take,....the XS is sooooo much smoother (ride and tranny) and more powerful. Very different feel all together. Shakes like mother at low rpms. Gotta get used to that.

Still have my XS. Just wanted the twin for a change. We'll see if I keep the HD....

For all of you who read my post about looking into a hard tail...this is a full suspension hog I came to my senses.
    Rob - 79 SF

I have one too, Rob......its a blast to ride...especially when you want to annoy people....
    I always like the nightster and the 48.....mine is a custom that I redid to suit me....i do find I ride the xs more....post pictures of yours......heres mine....

Mark
    1980 xs1100g 3H5.......
    1992 Ducati 907ie
    2001 Moto Guzzi Jackal

Comment

Nice

Nice ! Good luck.!! Fun to ride ......
      1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
      2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

Will take some pics tomorrow and post up monday. Nice paint job. Do yourself?

Of course I can't leave well enough alone so I already have parts on order Bars, grips, seat, etc.

I feel like it could run better so I need to get a computer on it. Has pipes and air filter but who knows if the PO properly mapped it.
        Rob - 79 SF

Comment

Yes, I did the paint.....its Army Rock Metallic....either Toyota or Kia, I dont remember.....and the stripe is the same paint I used on the XS....
          Mines a carby, the po put a Screamin Chicken air cleaner on and a set of pipes but thats it so I rejetted it and it really goes for a Harley....that five speed is nice too, shifts pretty smooth....suspension sucks...thats next to go....
          Same as you, I cant leave things alone........bigger, better,faster........
          Mark
          1980 xs1100g 3H5.......
          1992 Ducati 907ie
          2001 Moto Guzzi Jackal

Comment

Here's the hog. Can you call a Sportster a hog?? Or is it more like a piglet?

Did about 125 miles on it past saturday. Real fun bike. Feels like you're riding a motorcycle,...unlike the XS where you're easily gliding along. You've gotta blip the throttle to down shift, it gets angry at super low rpm's, shakes like crazy but it actually doesn't vibrate and put your limbs to sleep The XS always has my right hand numb. This has my feet shaking but never fell asleep.

2 totally different animals. Both fun in their own way. Nothing like that HD sound though...

I've started stripping the "nonsense off". Like fork gators, belt guard, reflectors, rear sets, etc etc. Prob took 3-4lbs off. I put a lower profile solo seat on (not pictured). Looked great but soon as you goose it, you fly off the back. So I think I may stick with the pictured seat. Unless I can find something with some style as well as function.

Rob - 79 SF

Comment

I recently took an '07 883R for a ride. I gotta say, I really didn't want to bring it back. I rode it on some North Georgia twisties and it was a hoot!

Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

Working...
              X