Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New XJ750 Midnight Maxim Owner

Hello all,

Just wanted to say hi to the bigger brother XS1100's, I'm a new '83 XJ750 Midnight Maxim owner and was directed to this site.

I've still got 3 and a half weeks till my MSF course starts, and I'm waiting to insure the MC 'till after the course (save $$$) so I'll need to spend more time on the 'net to get my MC fill

Here's a couple of pics of my new purchase:

Eric

Lethbridge, AB, Canada
    83 XJ750 Midnight Maxim

Welcome aboard Lethbridge. Nice looking scoot. I'm quite sure many of the tricks and fixes that apply to the XS,XJ's will be applicable to your bike.
    You must be computer literate to post pictures so quickly.
    Ken/Sooke
    78E Ratbyk
    82 FT500 "lilRat"

Comment

welcome

Nice scooter. hope you have as much fun on yours as i do .And hay ratbyk was that pointed at me?......lmbo.I have finnally figured out the pic thing yeeaaa mmmmeeee.Conceded too
      1982 XJ 1100
      going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
      now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Welcome

Chev454, no, it was not directed at you. It was directed at myself. I still have not figured out how to post a picture on this site.
        I have figured out how to post an album on a storage site but not on how to post one here.
        If you have not seen my pics from the PNW03 rally they can be found here. (I hope!)
        http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289333001
        Take care,
        Ken/Sooke
        78E Ratbyk
        82 FT500 "lilRat"

Comment

just pokin fun

I was only kidding but it was you who actually helped me post a pic,along with the new person.And jerry and ken. you guys rock can't wait to go riding sometime hopefully
          1982 XJ 1100
          going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
          now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

album

super photo album ken, i like the red forks on the xs. my xj got the red treatment during the tran fix. i have been wondering how the forks would look red. i can't decide to go that route or have the rims powder coated red and do the forks in gloss black.

Comment

Thanks guys, and I'm sure I'll have fun too, if the wait for my MSF course doesn't kill me first Really tempting to insure and start riding now!

Great pics ratbyk, and I agree, really like the red forks
              Eric

Lethbridge, AB, Canada
              83 XJ750 Midnight Maxim

Comment

Albertarider,

I have a friend that wants to sell a 750 and he has no idea how much to ask for it. Would you tell me how much you had to give for yours?
                Bill Murrin
                Nashville, TN
                1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
                1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
                2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
                2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
                1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
                2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Originally posted by nashville_bill

I have a friend that wants to sell a 750 and he has no idea how much to ask for it. Would you tell me how much you had to give for yours?
                  No problem, I got it for $1500 Canadian, seller was asking $1800 Canadian. The klicks are a little high, 60 000KM, but it was one owner and seems to have been highly maintained. Only a few minor things need to be worked on, going to replace throttle cable (probably do clutch at the same time, its ok though), tune up (oil, sparkplugs, etc), and I'm going to get new tires (rear is ok, but figured since I'm replacing front will replace both). Otherwise mechanically great shape, sounds nice, starts, runs nice.

Cosmetically it's in really good shape for an '83, seat has a small section where the stiching is letting go on the side, just needs to be restiched, not reupholstered.

I think I got a pretty good deal, we'll see how she holds up. Hope that helps your friend compare/get a price!
                  Eric

Lethbridge, AB, Canada
                  83 XJ750 Midnight Maxim

Comment

Working...
                  X