M109r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M109r

looked at at Kawasaki m109r today. Man that is a sweet bike. Anyone ever ridden one?
    Jeff
    77 XS750 2D completely stock
    79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

i thought suzuki made the m109r.....big bike but gobs of power.. shaft drive makes one less thing to worry about
    _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
    1980 gs1000g "stock"
    1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
    2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

m one oh nine r

Hi,

Yes I own one, have had it about four years, its an oh seven model bought new in oh nine.

I am six foot five, and that is the first bike that Ive had that I thought was big enough for me. I wonder now if it may be a bit too big. The power is boundless seemingly. Ive had it to a hundred a couple times, thats enough for me. I think my old v65 would have beat it handily though. I know my B12 would stomp it, what an arm ripper.

I always felt too big on other bikes, although a god wing would be fine.

The nine is quite powerful, I think it was advertised at 128 hp at crank, but another dealer told me that was a low number after I bought it. The brakes are very very powerful and will stop the huge bike, with two large riders very well. I liked the looks and the feel and thought I would try a big twin instead of another ujm as usual.

I did buy a yamie eleven after I bought that, it has its place.

I am kind of afraid to even think about wrenching on the one oh nine, there are guys on the nine list that do and do it well, but I have two years of warranty left on mine. I have less than five thousand miles on it, and it needs a rear tire, even though, I have never spun that tire at all. I think if I still have it next year, I will prolly put a car tire on it.
      Last edited by yamtom; 06-20-2013, 05:05 PM. Reason: punctuation
      Bikes Now.
      80 MNS 11 pods,georgefix kit,stock jets, HD Sporty muffs
      79 XS 11 Special, Emgo pods, stock jets, with Pacifico fairing, hard bags, intact stock pipes Sold
      83 Yammi Venture with custom footboards, 20k miles.
      83 Yammi Venture parts bike

99 Valkyrie shield and bags 37k miles like new
      08 ZX 14 Kawa Ninja 6k miles Sold

Comment

I don't know why I said Kawasaki, I guess cause I looked at the concourse 14 too. I saw some videos on youtube and that bike is a powerhouse (the M109r). You guys should check them out.
        Jeff
        77 XS750 2D completely stock
        79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Buddy of mine that was following me went down on the Blue Ridge riding one of those, he leaned it too far and the footpeg dug into the road causing the bike to slide out in the turn.
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
          X