the xs650 I picked up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the xs650 I picked up

That could be a very nice bike. You will be glad after you put on a front fork brace. I own an XS1100 and an 80 XS650. I really love the compact lumpy rumpy twin!! You will too!

My brothers recent purchase I will restore.

JOIN HERE:!!
    http://www.xs650.com/

Comment

nice bikes! I can't wait!!! Uh oh I just realized is said not to post other bikes here so mods feel free to move this thread

Comment

That blue bike just looks like a blast. Nice build. If any of you 650 lovers needs a set of original pipes, I have some. They have a few minor scrapes and the usual bit of surface rust but are in running shape. And, I still have the gas tank.
        "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Comment

Thanks for the compliment guys and Yard Dogg I sent you a private email. Ncbikebabe- Hope Im not a broken record but the cam chain guide in the 650s go bad from time- if you have aluminum bits in your drain oil and filter you need a new one (black plastic lining pops off and timing chain then saws into aluminum body). They are not expensive but the engine must come out to remove head cover and head to get at. Such a simple engine with great looks and performance. A stock XS650 ran 14 flat in the 1/4 mile. Some mags reached 13.80s. (1980 Harley Sportster 1000cc was not this fast!!)

http://www.biker.net/roadtest/xs650f_test/650f_test.htm

Comment

Before you try to make that 650 GO, make sure you put some brakes on the front so it can STOP!
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
            -H. Ford

Comment

thanks! i plan on pulling the engine out before and tearing it apart before I do anything else. Brakes? Who needs to stop? I just want to GO!!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ncbikebabe View Post
                - - - Brakes? Who needs to stop? I just want to GO!!! lol
                Hi Allie,
                there's a term for riders who truly mean that. Organ donor.
                Fred Hill, S'toon
                XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
                  Hi Allie,
                  there's a term for riders who truly mean that. Organ donor.

and I am in the market for one
                  Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                  Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
                  and SOXS
                  2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Working...
                  X