Bike/builder to remember.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike/builder to remember.....

Three-Part John Britten Biography Video Series – Incredible Story of a Motorcycle Genius

You could think of him as New Zealand’s Erik Buell, but they are different types of geniuses. Different, but similar. John Britten died too young at the age of 45 after a battle with cancer, but not before designing, and building by hand, one of the most incredible motorcycles ever, the Britten V1000.

The V1000 not only won at Daytona against Ducatis, it won races around the world. Typically, it obliterated the competition, because there was no competition. The bike was in a class of its own. In some ways, the Britten V1000 will always be a bike within a class of one.

I saw reference to the video biography below, started watching it, and couldn’t stop. It is long (three 15 minute segments), but it is fascinating and incredibly inspiring. Definitely worth your time. My copy/paste ability sucks, so maybe someone can look that video up and post...........incredible!

I'm sure all you Kiwis know him or know of his acomplishments before his passing! Incredible bike to say the least!
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Great series of videos on the man himself, what an incredible machine. They're still buffing my drool marks off of it at Barber........

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2013/...rcycle-genius/.........................not my words, but here's the link....
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
    X