I got a couple more bikes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a couple more bikes.

I traded off my wing project for 2 smaller bikes. One is a KZ400 with only 2k miles on it but it's been stored for a long time.

The other takes me back to my youth, it's a R5 Yamaha 2 stroke twin. It's going to need a lot of work but this is going to be a fun bike to fix up...

I'll post some pix of the R5 when I start working on it. Right now it and all my other bikes are in storage...

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Neat. I often see KZ400s on the list here in Holland MI. In the future I may by an old beater small bike, fix it up and sell for my enjoyment. XS400s come up alot as well. If I get a runner for $200, put about $600 into and sell for around $1200-$1400 that would be ok.

Comment

Good luck with the KZ400, I'll be starting on my garage sale find here in the coming weeks

1979 XS1100F
      1980 XS1100SG(First bike, sold)

Other bikes
      1976 Kawasaki KZ400 (project)
      1983 Yamaha XV920 Midnight Special
      1984 Yamaha XT250 Enduro (project)

Comment

b1lock

I have one of those. Pretty easy to work on. Fun to ride. Infinitely customizable. Cheap, parts are cheap. Vanilla guy boring uninspiring performance though.

Comment

Originally posted by b1lock View Post
          - - - Vanilla guy boring uninspiring performance though.
          Hi Bob,
          all you need to do to cure the boredom is split lanes in heavy traffic.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I've never found anything with 2 wheels that wasn't fun. I'd like to find one of those old enduro bikes with the gear reduction transmission. Every time I've rode a dirt bike I wanted to ride the street, then every time I rode a street bike, I wanted to ride the dirt, I need a dual sport. But that will come after I finish my XJ, and then the XS750 cafe. Sometimes I wonder if I could even be happy with a bike that didn't need work.
            "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Comment

Working...
            X