Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS650 custom "Stout 33"

http://www.pipeburn.com/home/2012/8/...-stout-33.html

I like it. Can't afford it, but I like it.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Lotsa nice stuff and some fine handmade parts. Well executed and I'd ride the snot outta it! Looks like two-wheeled fun, fo sho.

But...the rear end looks kinda wonky, like an afterthought, it just doesn't flow with the rest of the frame. The re-curved sections seem outta place. The tradition line from steering stem to rear axle plates looks correct, this design looks choppy.

I'd still ride it with a big, stupid grin!

Comment

Dang I miss my xs650... Never should've let it go. And that one is pretty dang cool! I don't like the non-existant rear suspension but I really dig how they did the sprung seat!
      BARE BONES CHOPPERS: If it don't make it go faster, you don't need it!
      80 XS1100SG(cafe in progress *slowly)

Comment

I have some XS650s. One since new. They like to multiply. It's great how there are so many parts to keep it fixed or make it better. The XS650 lends itself well to many modifications.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinkin' that a sweet lil' parallel twin would be a good choice for my next build. I think I'm gonna start lookin' for one this winter. All the XS family of bikes are so unique and special. I wouldn't mind having one of each in the garage.

But would i build a street tracker, or a hardtailed chopper, or a cafe racer, maybe an alley-scratcher minimalist kinda thing, or a Brit-bike lookalike, or dual sport dirtbike lookin' machine, or a...

Comment

Originally posted by Shacknasty View Post
            Yeah, I'm thinkin' that a sweet lil' parallel twin would be a good choice for my next build. I think I'm gonna start lookin' for one this winter. All the XS family of bikes are so unique and special. I wouldn't mind having one of each in the garage.

But would i build a street tracker, or a hardtailed chopper, or a cafe racer, maybe an alley-scratcher minimalist kinda thing, or a Brit-bike lookalike, or dual sport dirtbike lookin' machine, or a...
            The XS650 lends itself to all those things.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Im pleased with how my 1980 special is coming along. I really dont have alot of money into it. Hope to have it running (And I hope it runs! LOL) in 2 weeks. The XS650 twin cylinder engine has an incredibly pleasing look.

Comment

Hey that's a good looking bike, but... Something's missing...? Lol
                BARE BONES CHOPPERS: If it don't make it go faster, you don't need it!
                80 XS1100SG(cafe in progress *slowly)

Comment

That is a nice bike. Dig the glass carbs!

Comment

Carbs an airbox will be on soon. The 650 is a wonderful bike. Nice- compact great looking engine!

Comment

Ingoing nip

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                      I like it. Can't afford it, but I like it.
                      John
                      Hi John,
                      back in the day I used to envy those who could afford modern bikes with suspension while I could only afford to ride old girder fork rigid frame machines.
                      One of the reasons I don't move too good these days.
                      But yes, pretty. And traditional, the seat suspension is copied from a 1913 Ariel and the fork from every Webb girder fork Britbike built between 1920 and 1947.
                      What worries me is the lack of fenders, caught out in the rain the front wheel throws up a water fan you can't see through while the rear wheel deep rinses your backside.
                      What really worries me is the bike hitting a pothole to bounce the rider off the seat to land on the rear tire where the ingoing nip between the tire and the seat will rip his nuts off.
                      Last edited by fredintoon; 09-22-2012, 09:22 AM.
                      Fred Hill, S'toon
                      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                      X