Yamaha FJR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha FJR

Anybody ride one of these? I am considering one as I feel my 11 would not hold up that well if I were to hit the road at 75 for a few days in a row..my 11 is still a mighty fine bike and will never get rid of it but I also know that some times I will have to lower my standards a bit for something newer:-)
    http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/pr...80/0/home.aspx
    '80 XS1100 SG
    Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Try Ivan

Ivan rides one of those - has for years and swears by it.

I think if your 11 is up to date mechanically it should handle the daily 75mph.

Planedick regularly rides his 11 all day at speeds well over 90 - when he passed me after last years Durango Rally I thought I heard a sonic boom.

Never hurts to have another bike though

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Have ridden the Feejers a little bit. Plenty of power(145hp)and an excellent canyon carver for the weight. Older ones a little buzzy at the bars and the heat issue on the legs has been resolved on the newer ones. A bit too much forward weight on the bars had my hands a bit numb, which can easily be taken care of with bar-riser. Overall, an excellent sport-touring scoot, that with a few 'farkles' can be made into an excellent touring-sport scoot.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I read there is a new FJR on the way. The new one is 1400cc and supposedly completely updated. That should put quite a few used ones on the market.

MOTOR CYCLIST
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

A modern Sport Tourer alongside a venerable 1970s-80s UJM os nice to have...but you run the risk of being spoiled by the modern bike to the point that you never even ride the old Yammie anymore...ask me how I know this.
          Marty thats cool news...1st I've heard of a new Feejer...wait til i break the news over on ST-O...Honda owners are still waiting for Honda to catch up in the sport touring segment...Thanks for that link...time to go over to ST-O and give them the bad news...LOL ...over there they've been clamoring for and speculating on the "new ST" for the past 3 yrs...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Thanks guys. I am just in the thinking stage right now,I would like a Wing or full dressed HD but my riding doesn't warrant that type of bike right now.
            I like a lot of storage on my bike,I carry stuff for work,groceries,camping and just general stuff and I am worried the FJR might not have enough storage space.
            Talked to dealer and he sent me some info and mentioned he had an XS in storage for over a year that the owner never picked up after servicing...don't ask where it is I won't tell but a friend and I might go look at it.
            '80 XS1100 SG
            Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Working...
            X