Born Free Four - Motorcycle Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Born Free Four - Motorcycle Madness

Over the last four years I've watched this grow from a motorcycle shop party with a hunnerd motorbikes showing up for free beer and tacos, to last Saturday's blowout. Around fifteen thousand people and maybe six thousand motorsickles (some people actually drove cars!) descended on Oak Canyon Ranch on the shore of Lake Irvine. There was soooo much two-wheeled coolness that ya couldn't walk three feet without falling over something even cooler!

Here's a pic of the smaller motorcycle field (cars not allowed), the other field I couldn't get a good overall pic.

This is one of the first bikes I was drawn to like a moth to a flame.

The craftsmanship and metalworking was superb. Delkron cases with cylinders and heads from a radial airplane motor. He made the pistons, rods, flywheels, rocker arms, and cams from scratch. A pair of Lectron carbs feeds the fuel and this motor purrs like a tiger.

It was a weird, wonderful one-day motorsickle party. Free admission, free parking, and an amazing vibe.

This little Ironhead Sporty broke my heart and left me green with envy...

Smile for the camera, baby!

Comment

I talked to guys that rode their bikes from all over: Canada, Florida, New York, Texas, Panama, Mexico, Iowa, Montana, Utah, and on and on. I met guys that came from Japan, Oz, England, Germany, etc.

Pimpin' ain't easy! Man needs a rest sometimes...

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'm getting the feeling that crazy chops aren't too popular 'round these parts. I looked for an XS11 to photograph, but not one to be found. Maybe next year...

Perhaps it's just too many Harleys for an XS forum. Here's some pics of non-HD motorcycles.

If y'all want to see more of the show pics, lemme know and I'll post 'em up.

Comment

I'm not a Harley guy, but I like bikes, all bikes. They're all interesting, and generally the same goes for the folks who ride them. This group here at channel 11 is special.

That said, I'd be interested in seeing more.
              Hill? What hill? I didn't see any hill! Why wasn't there a sign? And where are my keys?

80sg
              mods to come

Comment

Comment

Cast and engraved tank by Otto Carter. Check out his blog at OttoCarter.com

Comment

Comment

Comment

i really like headlights!

Smile for the camera baby.

Comment

Comment

And now, a little old-timey chopper insanity. The crazy molding, painting and engraving on this old machine show just how good the drugs and Boone's Farm was back in the day.

May I present: The Candy Man's Ride...

Comment

Nuthin' says cool like misspelled engraving!

The Candy Man musta been quite a character!

Comment

Working...
                              X