Suzuki Intruder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Intruder

SWMBO decided that she wants a bike of her own. Since she is vertically challanged (5'0"), she can't handle either of my xs11s.
    I found a nice 1999 Suzuki Intruder 800, for $3000. Any comments on these bikes?
    Walt
    80 XS11s - "Landshark"
    79 XS11s
    03 Valkyrie
    80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
    78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
    81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

(Sound of sirens wailing) Intruder alert, Intruder alert!!!

Good choice. A friend has one, an 86 800cc I believe. My swmbo wanted a bike of her own also. I had an XS750SF, but she was just a little too short to reach the ground comfortably, so we located a couple of XJ11's to restore. That didn't work out, so she bought her own...an 84FJ1100! Damn thing is incrdibly fast. I can't keep up with it.

Comment

Brother in law got an new Intruder 800 last summer. Looks nice, scrapes too easily. Riding position is a little weird, arms and legs forward but not stretched out.
      Marty in NW PA
      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Try the short bikers list for some ideas of suitable bikes, not sure how often they update but compare the seat height of what you are looking at, to some of the bikes listed. This is the beginners list, there is a list ofbikes for more advanced short riders link from it.

http://www.nebcom.com/noemi/moto/sbl.sbl.html
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

a friend had a 96-97 intruder 600. Same as 800. Small short bike, no complaints. Ran into a side of a car once, tore off the back wheel of the car and bent the front fender on the intruder.

Another friend has a 1400 intruder. During the winter he keeps it in the living room. Loves that bike.

Flat handlebars help, other than that.... hmm... small gas tank is the only objection I can think of.

LP
          If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
          (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
          X