sidecar wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sidecar wanted

hi all! i would like to find a sidecar for my xs ,,prefer in Ontario but may go farther a field thanks for any and all help,,ride safe slow mo!
    The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
    moemcnally@hotmail.com
    i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

DCracer25 has one for sale on here.in parts for sale,non xs.He lives in N.Y.
    FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
    1999 Vulcan classic-sold
    1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda 69 View Post
      DCracer25 has one for sale on here.in parts for sale,non xs.He lives in N.Y.
      Hi Cuda
      DCracer sold it the day before Mo decided to join Fred in the sidecar world.
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
        Hi Cuda
        Phil
        how very true phil! sorry i Didin,t get to him sooner ! thanks ! ,,mo
        The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
        moemcnally@hotmail.com
        i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
          Hi Cuda
          Phil
          I'm giving some thought to joining the sidecar world myself, with my 80G. If I do, I will probably build it from scratch. Mostly because I really like the old sidecars and you can't find them, at least for a price that I would want to pay.

Good luck in your search Mo.

Larry
          Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
          http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
          82 XJ1100
          80 XS1100G (Project bike)
          64 Yamaha YA-6
          77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
          See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

found a sidecar and installer,,unit cost more than the bike but also will sell for much more when i,m done ,, thanks to all and ride safe slow mo!
            moemcnally@hotmail.com
            i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

Comment

Originally posted by slow mo View Post
              found a sidecar and installer,,unit cost more than the bike but also will sell for much more when i,m done ,, thanks to all and ride safe slow mo!
              Pictures Mo we need pictures. Of the sidecar not the installer
              Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

glad to here you found one Mo. good luck with the build.
                FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
                1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Hi slow mo,
                  great to see you are sufficiently recovered to think about getting on the road again.
                  So, what make and model sidecar did you get and who will be installing it for you?
                  BTW, check out this absolute horror story:-
                  http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=32456
                  Fred Hill, S'toon
                  XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                  "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

[QUOTE=fredintoon;368976]Hi slow mo,
                    great to see you are sufficiently recovered to think about getting on the road again.
                    So, what make and model sidecar did you get and who will be installing it for you?
                    its a Cozy standard looks great and Old Vintage Cranks of Hillsburg Ontario will install and warranty !They are are a ural and other makes dealer in business for a long time ,, ride safe ,,,slow mo!
                    moemcnally@hotmail.com
                    i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

Comment

- - - its a Cozy standard looks great and Old Vintage Cranks of Hillsburg Ontario will install and warranty !They are are a ural and other makes dealer in business for a long time ,, ride safe ,,,slow mo!
                      Hi slow mo,
                      see if Vintage Cranks has a demo Ural rig for you to try.
                      A Cozy standard should work good so long as it's set up with a wide stance, installed properly and you ballast the f*** out of it until you get used to a sidecar rig's completely different handling characteristics.
                      I love ballast that works for it's living, how big of a car battery can you fit behind the Cozy's seat?
                      You can check out my sidecar string in this list for XS11-specific sidecar mods and sign up with these guys:-
                      http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCT/
                      to interface with the real experts.
                      Fred Hill, S'toon
                      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

[QUOTE=fredintoon;369024]Hi slow mo,stics.
                        I love ballast that works for it's living, how big of a car battery can you fit behind the Cozy's seat?
                        thanks Fred i started looking for a battery and some smaller cables thanks for the tip! i will have some pics available in the next few weeks ,, ride safe ,,slow mo!
                        moemcnally@hotmail.com
                        i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

Comment

Working...
                        X