New Addition to the Shepard Household

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Addition to the Shepard Household

So I rode it... and it followed me home. After 100 miles F'n around looking @ 2 bikes. and then 100 on this one after the deal, and all day talking to people, I'm beat! I'll post up some better pics tomorrow. but for now here ya go

2005 V-Star 1100 Classic just got it home

and now its tucked in next to Old Man... you 2 play nice now!

Don
    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
    1989 kawi ex500
    1996 yzf-r6
    1999 yzf-r1
    2001 kawi zx-6r
    2000 Ducati 748
    2002 YZF-R1
    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Originally posted by ddragon63 View Post
    So I rode it... and it followed me home. After 100 miles F'n around looking @ 2 bikes. and then 100 on this one after the deal, and all day talking to people, I'm beat! I'll post up some better pics tomorrow. but for now here ya go

2005 V-Star 1100 Classic just got it home

and now its tucked in next to Old Man... you 2 play nice now!

Hi Don,
    Your back and the Mrs will enjoy that. Thanks for sharing your search with us.
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
      Hi Don,
      Your back and the Mrs will enjoy that. Thanks for sharing your search with us.
      Phil
      I took the wife for about a 60 mile ride to see some friends on it. Things got more room than the XS with both of us on it... this V rides like a cloud, a loud a$$ cloud!
      Don
      1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
      1989 kawi ex500
      1996 yzf-r6
      1999 yzf-r1
      2001 kawi zx-6r
      2000 Ducati 748
      2002 YZF-R1
      2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Cool...very cool. I have a friend with a 1700 Warrior up for sale, I'm just not sold on the V-twin Harley knock offs.

Belt drive is a negative in my book.

Face it, you bought it because it nearly matches you XS. They almost blend in together in that 2nd pic.
        Last edited by BA80; 04-14-2012, 09:06 PM.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Better be careful, she might get spoiled, and Old Man won't be allowed on your long distance trip!
          Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
          Ozark, Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by Joab View Post
            Better be careful, she might get spoiled, and Old Man won't be allowed on your long distance trip!
            Oh no... that ain't happening. Old man will go on the trip. Now Old Man can be reserved for scenic vintage trips. But like my wife said... "we'll see how long this one lasts!"
            Don

old:
            1989 kawi ex500
            1996 yzf-r6
            1999 yzf-r1
            2001 kawi zx-6r
            2000 Ducati 748
            2002 YZF-R1
            2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
              Cool...very cool. I have a friend with a 1700 Warrior up for sale, I'm just not sold on the V-twin Harley knock offs.

Belt drive is a negative in my book.

Face it, you bought it because it nearly matches you XS. They almost blend in together in that 2nd pic.
              Ya the front end of the frame is almost a copy of the special. I'm gonna get em both out and cleaned up tomorrow I'll get some pics of them sitting out in the sun next to each other.

My first stop after getting it was out to my Mom's. She said dad would approve. He could never figure out my deal with sport bikes.. Personally I think he would have stole this Star while i was taking a leak and been gone for an hour or better....

not a belt drive fan either... V-Star is shaft drive, shaft drive I'm a BIG fan of
              I've ridden some v-twins that sound like they are about to rattle apart @ 85 mph. this Yammie purrs! and I don't know who said they wont crest 100... I did 115 on mine before i had to lift for a corner. Gonna get the windshield on it tomorrow and see what more its got
              Don

old:
              1989 kawi ex500
              1996 yzf-r6
              1999 yzf-r1
              2001 kawi zx-6r
              2000 Ducati 748
              2002 YZF-R1
              2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Nice bike! My freind was the one who said his wouldnt do 100. I outran him in my 92 ford ranger on interstate. He put pipes and different stuff on it so it probably isnt tuned or jetted right. I told him it should do 100 easy although i dont know how much power they have but i couldnt imagine anything over a 750 not doing 100 pretty easy. You got a nice looking bike, someday i will get something newer but for now i will settle with my new to me 1100 wich i havent even taken on the road yet.
                Jeff
                77 XS750 2D completely stock
                79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

ya with the jet kit and pipes this thing cruises right along. its not the fastest thing by any means. Stock they are like 56 hp and 55 lb feet of torque. but the torque is made @ 2500 rpm and stays flat thru the power band. its like driving an old big block 4 speed car. it may not be the fastest pony but it sure is fun to bang thru the gears it gets up to 80 getting on the freeway from 40 with a flick of the right wrist. I was doing 85 most of the way too and from Longview on I-5 yesterday with the wife on the back.

The guy that I got it from was suppose to come pick up the box of extra parts for the R1 last night. He Texted me about an hour before dark and said he was out riding the R1 all day and ended up in Salem somehow.... so he wasn't gonna make it till moring. I think the R1 found its new friend. which is good. He seems to be an Anal person like myself, so I see nothing but care taken to that bike.... like I said before, I'd rather see someone enjoy it than watch it sit and collect dust in my garage.
                  Don

old:
                  1989 kawi ex500
                  1996 yzf-r6
                  1999 yzf-r1
                  2001 kawi zx-6r
                  2000 Ducati 748
                  2002 YZF-R1
                  2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Working...
                  X