Can u identify this bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can u identify this bike?

its on cl locally and is listed as a 1989 yamaha 700z.....never heard of it? maybe a fzr750? idk
    _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
    1980 gs1000g "stock"
    1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
    2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

I don't know for sure but it looks like this bike.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...maha_fz700.htm
    '79 XS11SF

Comment

naaa wrong colour
      Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
      Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
      and SOXS
      2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Looks like the fz750. One on Craig's list right now like an 87 model I think. Its before the fzrs came out
        " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
        xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
        8mm msd wires
        tkat fork brace...
        Fox shocks...
        mikes650 front fender
        led's gallore...
        renthal bars
        gold valve emulators
        vmax tensioner
        Rifle fairing

Comment

think u got it right.. guy only wants 300 for it but it has a cracked cam chain tentioner that sits between th 2 and 3 exhaust pipes. says it runs but oil squrts out when running...i offered 150 figues i could part it out and make 3-4x back
          _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1980 gs1000g "stock"

Comment

The one here in Atlanta looks much prettier but I think it was 1800 bucks!
            " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
            xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
            8mm msd wires
            tkat fork brace...
            Fox shocks...
            mikes650 front fender
            led's gallore...
            renthal bars
            gold valve emulators
            vmax tensioner
            Rifle fairing

Comment

i checked some out on youtube look like a decent machine

1980 gs1000g "stock"

Comment

I own one of those right now

If it has a 10/87 on the vin tag then it is a 1988 FZ750 if it is 10/86 or anything lower than 6/87 then it is a 1987 FZ700. Basically the same bike but 87 was the last year of the Save Harley Import Tariff so in 88 they went back to the 750 motor. I owned one of the 88 750's from new for 10 years and put 50,000 miles on the first motor with no mechanical issues at all. You can bolt in any FZR1000 motor from 87 thru 96 and have a super sleeper. I personally built up several 87-88 first gen FZR1000 motors with big bore kits and porting and Keihin FCR flatslides to over 150 wheel horsepower. IMHO they are an excellent platform to easily retrofit better newer suspension parts to to have a really nice handling supersport bike or superstandard if thats your thing. The easiest way to identify the motor size would be to look at the front of the cylinder at the bottom IIRC and there should be a 697cm or a 748cm cast into it. $300 is a good price if the engine is ok. If it has a hole in the crankcase or won't start but has a title and everything electrical is there and you can talk him down some then swap the old motor out for a 1000. A great under appreciated bike with a lot of potential. I see that it looks like it has some front end damage. I would pay close attention to the steering head to see if there is any visible distortion of the frame tubes. This is a steel framed chassis. The FZR750 of 87-88 was a homologation special with the first aluminum twin spar chassis which Yamaha called the Delta Box and it is very rare. The 87 FZR1000 was the first FZR and basically had the same chassis as the FZR750 down to the part number. They weren't EXUPs until the 89 model year when they redesigned the frame and the top end of the engine and incorporated the first electronically controlled exhaust valve to tune back pressure and broaden the torque curve. The other big three didn't do this until many years later. Go Yamaha!
                79 XS1100 "Velvet Hammer"
                Progressive springs, MAC 4-1 with modified glass pack thrush 2" baffle inside megaphone, 80 carbs with Dynojet kit and K&N's, Ported & Polished head soon (it's what I do)

87 FZ700/ YZR500 replica in progress
                93 GS500/ 851cc stroker superlight in progress

Comment

Working...
                X