Happy Birthday Bohn!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Bohn!!!!

I hope I'm goin' as strong as you in 10 years. Lookin' forward to our next ride together.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Happy Birthday Bohn
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Happy Birthday Bohn, have a fabulous day
      XJ1100 Ruby Red
      XS1100LH "Midnight"
      1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

CRAP!!!!!.......I just realized I put this in the wrong forum. Blame it on staying up too late drinking beer......

Would someone please move this thread to the members lounge and delete the extra one I put up in there.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

You mean the extra TWO you put in here? Me thinks you and the beer were having entirely too good a time together .
          Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
          Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
          Vetter Windjammer IV
          Vetter hard bags & Trunk
          OEM Luggage Rack
          Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
          Spade Fuse Box
          Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
          750 FD Mod
          TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
          XJ1100 Front Footpegs
          XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

I only see this one and the one I put in the lounge. I put one in and I didn't see it where I thought I had put it so I thought it didn't go,so I did it again.
            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
              I only see this one and the one I put in the lounge. I put one in and I didn't see it where I thought I had put it so I thought it didn't go,so I did it again.
              There is of course this one and then there is the one below it here. It's right below this one in the list, at least it was before I responded here. I'll go and respond in there too.
              Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
              Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
              Vetter Windjammer IV
              Vetter hard bags & Trunk
              OEM Luggage Rack
              Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
              Spade Fuse Box
              Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
              750 FD Mod
              TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
              XJ1100 Front Footpegs
              XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Ok, so now there's 3. Hmm....I only posted 2. Oh well
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Bohn's other Bikes

Ok, so now there's 3. Hmm....I only posted 2. Oh well
                  Since this is happy Bohn..., and since it is located in the other bike thread, Lets talk about Bohn's other bikes. Maybe we could Roast & bash his BMW ooops,wrong list..

He has a nice Yamaha Thumper which gets GREAT mpg.
                  He has a Yamaha tripple. I think he bought it new...he is proud of it and it shows.
                  It is a great big beautiful world out there
                  Brent in GA
                  Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

No Brent, you got the right sub forum. We can talk about that POS BMW with the hard to change rear tire here.

It sure does run quieter than that threshing machine Buell though.
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

No Brent, you got the right sub forum. We can talk about that POS BMW with the hard to change rear tire here.

It sure does run quieter than that threshing machine Buell though.
                      Wait! That was the Buell too. Bohns tire was easy to change as I recall. Except for Russ tearing up Codys tire tools.
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Bohn - he Easy does it

Wait! That was the Buell too. Bohns tire was easy to change as I recall. Except for Russ tearing up Codys tire tools.
                        Bohns tire & oil was EZ. In the garage with lost of space & tools, No foul weather, plenty of help with extra folks cheering or jeering, No time limit or deadline for many hours to come...EZ. (He did bring more Hoss Power than Codys hand tool was designed for when he recruited Russ.) what broke? Just the plastic scratch guard cover???

Buell wheel removal & reinstallation was was HARD. In the back parking lot. wooden 6x6 blocks for lift (no center stand.) weather - threatening black clouds, wind, lightning, rain into upsidedown helmet on ground, torrential downpour, water 2-3 inches flowing under bike, tools (small stuff carried on bike) laid out in rain by a 4' section of 2 inch pipe. Gary the dragon tamer with me to predict weather and help. Rest of group was riding ahead planning to meet us for supper, since plan was to pick up tire and install it later if needed. . Time limit with Zachos powersports scheduled to close in minutes and closing the gate (I hoped they would not lock us in & go home.) Then help in the form of ratchet, socket, impact driver. Shop employee. still Not enough. "Do you pray?...NOW would be a good time." what broke? a high quality snap on 1/2inch drive extension.

I am now told that is easy to do IF you loosen the pinch bolt in the swingarm, and about impossible if you do not. ( hmmm...What pinch bolt?!?) I guess I did it the HARD way...Thankful that Gary stuck with me through even the worst of it. (I may have forgotten or glossed over the really bad parts...blood, profanity, smoke, seeking shelter under a boat, alarms...Vague now, parts of it fading into a distant blurry memory)

I saw Bohn at Cody's do his tire AND oil. Looked easy.

Bohn - He easy Does it.

It ain't easy being me, but it is a lot of fun
                        Brent in GA
                        Brent in GA
                        Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

wheel

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          Bohns tire & oil was EZ. In the garage with lost of space & tools, No foul weather, plenty of help with extra folks cheering or jeering, No time limit or deadline for many hours to come...EZ. (He did bring more Hoss Power than Codys hand tool was designed for when he recruited Russ.) what broke? Just the plastic scratch guard cover???

Buell wheel removal & reinstallation was was HARD. In the back parking lot. wooden 6x6 blocks for lift (no center stand.) weather - threatening black clouds, wind, lightning, rain into upsidedown helmet on ground, torrential downpour, water 2-3 inches flowing under bike, tools (small stuff carried on bike) laid out in rain by a 4' section of 2 inch pipe. Gary the dragon tamer with me to predict weather and help. Rest of group was riding ahead planning to meet us for supper, since plan was to pick up tire and install it later if needed. . Time limit with Zachos powersports scheduled to close in minutes and closing the gate (I hoped they would not lock us in & go home.) Then help in the form of ratchet, socket, impact driver. Shop employee. still Not enough. "Do you pray?...NOW would be a good time." what broke? a high quality snap on 1/2inch drive extension.

I am now told that is easy to do IF you loosen the pinch bolt in the swingarm, and about impossible if you do not. ( hmmm...What pinch bolt?!?) I guess I did it the HARD way...Thankful that Gary stuck with me through even the worst of it. (I may have forgotten or glossed over the really bad parts...blood, profanity, smoke, seeking shelter under a boat, alarms...Vague now, parts of it fading into a distant blurry memory)

I saw Bohn at Cody's do his tire AND oil. Looked easy.

Bohn - He easy Does it.

It ain't easy being me, but it is a lot of fun
                          Brent in GA
                          Rechecked rear wheel work today. OK - Treads on Axel fine. Applied more antisieze, retorqed bolts.
                          Brent in GA

Comment

Working...
                          X