vacum advance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vacum advance

I am having trouble with my vacuum advance on my xs1100s. it is jumping up and down at an idole and not rapping when i rev it up it stops. or if I pinch the vacuum line off the thing makes a rappimg sound like a bad lifter.
    how do i fix it it sounds bad i saw it jumping when i took the cover off while it was running.put pressure pn the plate that the diaphram module that runes it and it stops rapping is there a rubber stop in there that stops the noise. where can i get a new one or how do i fix the old one looks like there is a rubber plug on the top of it

where is the vac hose hooked to ??? i have vac advance units if you need one
    careful what you wish for.........you might get it

Comment

vacum hose

it it hook to the rubber manafoldon by the #2 carb

Comment

There is a nipple on the #2 carb itself that it should be hooked to, NOT the intake manifold boot.

By the way I am just west of you in Pewaukee.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

vacum line

will look thanks

Comment

fixed it ishoud have looked closer at it when i put the carbes back on this spring

Comment

Working...
            X