Restored Norton 750 Commando

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restored Norton 750 Commando

Nice story of two sons realizing their Dad's dream.

http://vimeo.com/11285536

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

That's awesome!
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Nice story there John...........the bike involved reminded me of a local in Durango that had a black 750Commando back when I was about 16. Him on that scoot was considered the "baddest" scoot locally......and it would smoke the tire for a distance. Then along came the MachI and II Kawie tripples........well, U all know the final result of those two meeting. Anyway, The 750 Commandos were the cool scoot to have, and still have that "bad"bike look.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Thats a great story... brought a tear to my eye. Funny how his son tossed him the keys and he still didnt make the connection...LOL
        1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
        2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

norton

this story is soooo cool. beautiful bike!!!!!!!

Comment

Awesome story, thanks for sharing. It has been a distant dream of mine to do something similar for my mother. She owned a 70's Honda and had a blast going on camping trips with her sister. I recently saw one come up for sale, and I was toying with the idea of buying it and fixing it up so I could (1) re-live some of her experiences and (2) give it to her as a gift down memory lane. It would feel a little ridiculous going through with it, but some things you just have to do.
            '81 XS11H Venturer - holed up in storage while life happened since 07/08/04
            '81 Kawasaki KE175 enduro - 63 mph of smokey fun, now with collector plates!

Comment

That was a great story!! Remember drooling over those as a kid. Seemed like a barely tamed tiger then. Who would have imagined the power levels we take for granted now.
              Bothell, WA
              1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Working...
              X