93 yamaha gts1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 yamaha gts1000

Has anyone ridden one of these? I have not seen one and think perhaps there was a reason they didn't stick around...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182

Thanks
    John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Never rode one, sounds like a cool bike...

http://blog.ameereehal.com/2011/03/1993-yamaha-gts1000/
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

93 1000

dont know about that bike but looks like the concours(spell check) that have made since then....used the sale about 8 grand
      windjammer gump
      bikes now own
      1981xs1100sh special
      1971 cb 350
      mini chopper project
      bikes use to own
      1978 750/four..
      1983kz1100 ltd

Comment

that forkless front wheel is radical

I have never seen a design like that but the reviews sound like it ran great but was too expensive.

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

There is one locally here I've seen, but never got a chance to study. windjammer, no comparison to the Connie,and had more ummmph than the same era Concourse anyways!
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Back in the late 90's I test rode one of these for a day...what a day! Technologically ahead of its time...and still is. Great power,handling and braking with no..zero...none...front end dive. I loved everything about it except the price...reluctantly didnt buy it...should have...
            1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
            2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
              Has anyone ridden one of these? I have not seen one and think perhaps there was a reason they didn't stick around...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182

Thanks
              John
              They didnt stick around because they were too far ahead of the times...the design is nothing short of brilliant...but they didnt sell well so after 2 model yrs it went by the wayside.
              1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
              2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
                Never rode one, sounds like a cool bike...

http://blog.ameereehal.com/2011/03/1993-yamaha-gts1000/
                Nice write up and pics Thanks Phil
                1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
                2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

never even seen one.....and now i want one!!

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                    I have never seen a design like that but the reviews sound like it ran great but was too expensive.

John
                    Expensive, Yes, I stopped wanting/ looking when I saw the price tag in the showroom.
                    It is a great big beautiful world out there
                    Brent in GA
                    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

It did /does run great. The handling is like no other bike i will ever ride. Even hot into a corner leaned over applying the brakes does not upset the bikes suspension or balance because the suspension,steering and "shock absorbing" are all separate entities independant of one another. As much as i loved it..I still couldnt justify its price. put that one into the category of "maybe one day"
                      1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
                      2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

heck, that one in the ebay link above went for $3,355.00!!! that aint too expensive...

Comment

Originally posted by shovelhead View Post
                          heck, that one in the ebay link above went for $3,355.00!!! that aint too expensive...
                          In the pic i posted ..that was back in the late 90's and that bike was pre-owned as it had some extras on it..like a Corbin seat etc...dont recall the mileage but it was somehing like 5K miles and they were asking $11000 for it. The bike that just sold on ebay was a steal for sure, I have seen average prices from $5000 -$7000 range.
                          1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
                          2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

check this one out!!!

after some searching i found this pretty wicked GTS. only pic of it i could find but worth sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by shovelhead View Post
                              after some searching i found this pretty wicked GTS. only pic of it i could find but worth sharing.

Holy crap Looks like frankebike...LOL...beauty maybe in the eye of the beholder...but i aint seein' it.
                              1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
                              2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                              X