Vmax trike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vmax trike!

This is me in Okinawa Japan, next to a vmax trike i ran into...CHECK OUT THAT SPOILER!...motors on two wheels is extremely common over there...I say motors on two wheels because most own scooters or mopeds or bicycles with little 2stroke engines attached...the actual motorcycle is not really too common if you can believe, and those who do own them are generally American, or Yakuza - Japanese Mafia...but I'll tell you what, I've seen some of the coolest scooters ever in Japan...they trick em out like Harley owners do with all that flash and shiny crap!...some of them can pull a mean wheelie too!...I'll post some of those too if i ever find em...

Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
    Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

That motor would handle a trike easily with power to spare. Probably fun to ride.

The Asian motorscooter traffic is amazing. Sounds like a swarm of bees every time the light changes. All those two strokes revving and zinging is a sound I associate with Hong Kong and Bankok and Tokyo.

Comment

Originally posted by Shacknasty View Post
      That motor would handle a trike easily with power to spare. Probably fun to ride.

The Asian motorscooter traffic is amazing. Sounds like a swarm of bees every time the light changes. All those two strokes revving and zinging is a sound I associate with Hong Kong and Bankok and Tokyo.
      HAI! HAI! Its musical!

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

That thing had to be a nightmare to get registered. Having bought/sold vehicles from/to local nationals back in okinawa, I know they had that rule about them having to "fit" in the original box. I have spent many many hours down at the Land-Tax-Office (LTO) outside of Camp Kinser trying to get vehicles registered just to have them tell me I didn't have everything I needed. Maybe they have made the process easier. Cool V-Max though.
        Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
        Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
        while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

Originally posted by barberad View Post
          That thing had to be a nightmare to get registered. Having bought/sold vehicles from/to local nationals back in okinawa, I know they had that rule about them having to "fit" in the original box. I have spent many many hours down at the Land-Tax-Office (LTO) outside of Camp Kinser trying to get vehicles registered just to have them tell me I didn't have everything I needed. Maybe they have made the process easier. Cool V-Max though.
          I think it was owned by a Local...and everything is much easier for them!

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

Even easier if yer Yakuza!

Comment

Originally posted by Shacknasty View Post
              Even easier if yer Yakuza!
              True that!

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

I'm going to Okinawa next week. I'll pay closer attention. It seems I saw plenty of "real" motorcycles the last time I was there. The Japanese do their own style of customs with mid-size bikes. I like them.

Yep. Plenty of scooter traffic, but not so much as in places like Thailand.
                Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                  I'm going to Okinawa next week. .
                  Don't forget to go to Coco-ichiban for Curry Rice!
                  while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

Don't forget to go to Coco-ichiban for Curry Rice!
                    OOOH! I HATE YOU FOR EVEN BRINGING IT UP!...LOL...for real though, there is a Coco's in LA area...

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

I wonder how close it is to the New Century Hotel in Kadeena? I don't have but a very few spare hours on Okinawa.
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                        I wonder how close it is to the New Century Hotel in Kadeena? I don't have but a very few spare hours on Okinawa.
                        get a honcho...just say "Honcho, coco's arigato gazaimas" he will take you to the closest one...make sure you get a card from them to call them back...then call them about 15 min or so before you need them, and when you get back in the honcho, say "Honcho Kadeena arigato" and of course both times when u get out of the cab, tell them "arigato gazaimas!"EASY AS PIE!

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

There are two of them around Kadena. One is about 10 minutes by Taxi from hotel new city. About 3 or 4 minutes out gate 5. But if you do get any free time your going to want to go check out Mihama, which is about 5 minutes cab ride outside of Kadena gate one. Lots of pretty things to look at.
                          Have fun!

http://www.booking.com/hotel/jp/hote...YPr7QodBFwu2g#

Comment

There are two of them around Kadena. One is about 10 minutes by Taxi from hotel new city. About 3 or 4 minutes out gate 5. But if you do get any free time your going to want to go check out Mihama, which is about 5 minutes cab ride outside of Kadena gate one. Lots of pretty things to look at.
                            Have fun!

http://www.booking.com/hotel/jp/hote...YPr7QodBFwu2g#
                            speaks the truth!

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

Unfortunately, on this trip I'll have 7-8 hours to myself, if all goes well. I need to sleep in that time, too! I go there often, so I'll keep this good info.
                              Marty (in Mississippi)
                              XS1100SG
                              XS650SK
                              XS650SH
                              XS650G
                              XS6502F
                              XS650E

Comment

Working...
                              X