Baffeled....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baffeled....

I have a 81 Kawasaki kz1100.......wont start, will turn over. This is what I have done so far. Checked igniter box (good), Checked coils (good), cleaned carbs twice, set floats to spec., spark plugs have nice blue spark, fresh gas, any help will be great!
    At this time:
    1985 Goldwing Innr.
    1976 cb 750 cafe racer
    2007 vtx 1300
    81 sx 1100 s h
    81 sx 400 special

Well, I have been told that you need three things for a gas engine to run. fuel, spark, compression.

You say you have a good spark and the carbs are clean.

Is the gas making it to the cylinders? I just recently finished working on a Suzuki 1400 intruder and for the life of me I couldn't get it to start. Played for a couple of hours before I noticed that ONE of the rags I had stuffed into the intake was missing. Removed the culprit and fired it right up!!!!!! Not saying that's your problem, but one never knows. Pays to check the simple stuff first.

How is the compression. Did you test?

Comment

Have you checked timing? ...equally important as the other three mentioned...
      What do the plugs look like after cranking it for a min, are they wet/dry? Might not have enough gas making it to the cylinder?
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
      GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

What i usually do is check that the plugs are wet if i try to start something and it wont fire.Then i take the spark plugs and remove 1 plug and pour about a teaspoon of gas in the cylinder ,install the plug and then hit the starter.If it fires and dies maybe fuel is not reaching where it needs to go.
        1980 XS1100 SG
        Inline fuel filters
        New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
        160 mph speedometer mod
        Kerker Exhaust
        xschop K & N air filter setup
        Dynojet Recalibration kit
        1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
        1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Working...
        X