Puttin' Lipstick On a Pig!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puttin' Lipstick On a Pig!

I tore down my '82 Sporty for a coat of paint. Rattlecanned some aluminum paint on the tins and a bunch of other little parts, calipers, hand controls, battery box, etc. Freshened up the black on the frame and did a little polishing of the aluminium motor parts.

Most Ironheads have the cylinders and heads painted black, but I painted mine silver and really like the way it looks.

I really like that mellow gleam of polished aluminum compared to the hard glitter of chrome.

Here she is hanging out with a couple of garage mates. The XS11 is at the end of the driveway as I just rode it to the auto parts store or she woulda got in the picture, too.

Comment

i like the aluminum paint...

looks just like polished metal...

nice.

john
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

U have a magnificent set of bikes Bro...Can i have your garage?
        Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
        Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

Thanks. My bikes are all special and each has it's own use and purpose. Yeah I spend as much time in my garage as I can. It seems like there is always something diagrammed in my head waiting to be made as soon as I can get out to my garage. I wish I had more tools but not having them just forces me to be creative when fabricating. The bad part is, I once worked in a good metal shop with all the shizznit (lathes, shears, brakes and presses, cnc laser cutters, oh dear, oh god, oh my, I miss them!), so I know how much faster and more precisely the job could go.

So I slow down and just enjoy the simple hand tools and the feeling of metal and torch and hammer working together.

Got a tailpiece for a cafe racer to weld up soon. Got the metal cut and shaped and waiting to go. I like welding!

And now for something entirely different...

Comment

By the thunder wow!

Man now that's fine dining at its best! Too bad the other girl won't get as much desert hehe - Dan
            '81 XS1100 LH - Midnight Special - been lookin' a long time for this one.
            1179 big bore kit, 80SG motor
            Rebuilt head, valves
            TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
            Tkat Fork Brace
            T.C. Spade Fuse Box
            Dyna Coils & wires
            Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
            ISO grips with stelleto ends
            4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
            Bridgestone Spitfires
            Tuned by Tinman905
            & a will to keep it.

Comment

Just so ya know, the "other girl" is Italian super-vixen, Sophia Loren. I thought the look on her face was priceless!

Comment

and Jane Mansfield RIP
                Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

As Lou Reed would have said, "Sweet Jane..."

Comment

Worries, and exites, me when women look at each other's cleavage. Cant help wonder why they're looking, jealously?, anticipation?, admiration???
                    1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                    2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Cleavage seems to have a magical effect that crosses all boundaries. The truly outstanding topographical features have a hypnotizing quality that works on both men and women. In the spirit of the moment...

The old Ironhead is plodding along. I keep getting interrupted by work. And eating. And sleeping. Stupid interruptions. Dammit, if I didn't need to eat, sleep, or make money, what a wonderful world it would be...

The headlight ain't staying on there. I'm probably gonna go back to the old standard Sporty eyebrow and lamp, just gotta weld a crack and the wiring holes in the old headlight bucket.

Comment

Slowly gettin' there...

Comment

I was gonna tell you, "you should flip the headlight" and then the next picture i saw, it was already done!...LOL...and your cleavage pics aren't as good as mine...but i can't show em on here...i know u know what i'm talking about!

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

Hey Leatherneck! I'll tell everyone I meet that you know how to spot the good ones. And how to make 'em show their stuff!

See ya...

Comment

Originally posted by Shacknasty View Post
                              Hey Leatherneck! I'll tell everyone I meet that you know how to spot the good ones. And how to make 'em show their stuff!
                              I appreciate that!...even the dirty dog gets to bone every now and then...maybe thats the wrong saying, IDK...anyway, Thats a pretty sweet pic of the headlight...very artistic i think...and the gleam/sparkle it gives off is remarkable...

I also really like how the little chrome there is on that old iron head accents all the beautifully dull polished aluminum...very easy on the eyes!

Is she the one your riding out to Born Free?

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

Working...
                              X