Fuel Injection sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Injection sync

Does a fuel injection system need to be sync'd? Can it be sync'd? How do you do it if you do need to?...
    Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
    Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

depends on the system... single intake/butterfly or multiples? What are you working on?

I'd guess on a bike system with multiple barrels (like I've seen on gsxr's) they'd need to be synched just like multiple carbs, all the butterfly's have to open the right amount to flow the same amount of air as all the others.

On a system like a car has, with a single air cleaner and one big butterfly there is nothing to synch.

As for how that would depend on the specific system, just like each different type of carbs has a different method.
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

Comment

Originally posted by psycoreefer View Post
      depends on the system... single intake/butterfly or multiples? What are you working on?

I'd guess on a bike system with multiple barrels (like I've seen on gsxr's) they'd need to be synched just like multiple carbs, all the butterfly's have to open the right amount to flow the same amount of air as all the others.

On a system like a car has, with a single air cleaner and one big butterfly there is nothing to synch.

As for how that would depend on the specific system, just like each different type of carbs has a different method.
      It's a double butterfly system...but the manual says that it doesn't need to be tuned, its automated by sensors...maybe a sensor is shot...

as i was reading though things it talks about the water temperature sensor being able to cause the same issues i'm having...and it just so happens my radiator had an accident with a coyote about a month ago i had the radiator sent out and fixed and re-installed it...then i've had this issue since a couple days later...i'm thinking theres a good chance that might be the problem since my cooling fan, doesn't come on at all...what do you think?
      Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
      Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

Working...
      X