Previous ride(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous ride(s)

I've mentioned in the past my 1978 Honda CB400TII that was my daily rider and race bike. I raced 400cc Box Stock and 400cc Street Production.
    The only difference for me was the seat. Box Stock I had to use the OEM (dual) seat which was mildly uncomfortable. I used this for the sprint races.
    Street Production I could use my solo seat. I shaved the seat foam to fit me better and had quite a bit of storage under the cowl.
    I had 2 sets of tank, side covers, and seat, along with a small windshield. On endurance races I got away with swapping tanks for pitstops, quicker than refilling the tank. Once a scorer complained that I pitted with an orange bike and left with a blue bike. I countered that the number plate was the same. And the fact that I was never in contention to win, he should stop whineing.
    I could change the bike from orange to blue, with dual or solo seat, with or without fairing, in less than 5 minutes.

Orange with solo seat and fairing:

Blue, dual seat, no fairing:

78 Honda Hawk and 1972 Suzuki TS185 (made as dirt as possible and still remain street legal):
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"
Working...
X